Different size wheels and MOT

Hi all

Would the car pass an MOT with different size wheels on the front, for example, my 18s on the back and then two matching 17s on the front? Obviously all with legal tred but would the wheel size being different fail?

Im running with one gen 7 GT wheel on the drivers side, my alloy has been fixed but I can't afford a new tyre till after my MOT is due so I was thinking of trying to get hold of another matching gen 7 GT wheel or another pair of wheels to put on front to get it through the MOT or lend a full set for a few days if anyone has a spare set they can lend.

Thanks

Dawn

Should be fine Dawn

As far as I'm aware it would only fail if sizes were mixed as an axle set, plus it wouldn't do the diff much good mixing sizes on the drive axle but front to back is fine.

I don't have ABS so that won't matter.

Now I need to find someone with a gen7 GT near me that I can put on the front to match the one I have.

Or find someone with a spare full set of wheels to lend me for a day while car goes through MOT as at the moment I have 3 of my 18s on and one gen7 gt 17'

Thanks all :D

I don't have ABS so that won't matter.

Now I need to find someone with a gen7 GT near me that I can put on the front to match the one I have.

Or find someone with a spare full set of wheels to lend me for a day while car goes through MOT as at the moment I have 3 of my 18s on and one gen7 gt 17'

Thanks all :D

this will get you an mot but it wont be legal if you mx them after the mot

I won't be keeping it like that, it will literally be for the MOT as already said above.

Im getting new a new tyre for the repaired alloy but wont have the cash until a few days later which is no good for the MOT.

I think Andy might be lending me a full set of alloys for the MOT :D

as long as you have the same size on each axle then yes it will pass.

Only thing is if the overall radius is significantly different for a pair it will put the ABS light on

What he said.......

I had a mate get a puncture on the way to an MOT, put the space-saver on........ no go then.... :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.