what has beaten you and what have you beaten in the Celica?

I only post up due to my drive to and from work takes me past Castle Combe and get to see and play with some wonderful exotic cars & bikes, having driven the road for over 2 years, thats 480 odd times with holiday B)

So I know the road well I would say, and do find my self getting quite complacent at times, I have seen over 10 deaths in that time, the last was a BMW 3 series, a Bike and a saxo, which resulted in 3 Fatality's (2 in the saxo and the bike between the two of them)

If you google BS37 6LR to SN14 6GB you will see the road, a good drive, good fun, shit load of pot holes and twist's and turns..

I use the below twice a month to see whats going to be about..

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/Other%20Events/6.htm'>http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/Other%20Events/6.htm

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/

Anyways, knowing this road so well and seeing stackes of Ferraris, Lambo's, Evo's etc and even a Veyron I like to give some of them a run..

I have only got past a few of these but yet to have one over take me also, there's nothing better than seeing a £150k lambo go backwards as you cain it round the twist's and turns.

in part

Stacks of TVR's

Ferraris

Lambo's

Porsches

a viper

Evo's no end

Scoobies

still yet to see my baby - Koenigsegg or a Zonda..

When taking the motorway I overtake the BMW gts, lame...

The only car to give me a proper run yet was an S3 that was shit through the corners but gone on the run and a Mazda 6 mps, same again.....

I've beaten several eggs and a carpet...

:lol:

I've not beaten much, but I did beat a Supra TT away from the lights up to 30 the other day. To be fair, he did have an automatic so was never going to get away quickly, and just before we got to 30 his turbos kicked in, but being the law abiding citizen that I am I didn't continue accelerating, good job too, else I'd have been humiliated.

To be fair, I doubt the supercars are pushing very hard.

I've beaten a 1.4 Punto Evo and a Fiesta 1.4 in a straight line B)

As above, when you drive a nasty road for many months, with signs for 6 miles saying xxx amount of deaths over the years you know where the pot holes are and how far you can puch your car, they have just come off a race track and if like me, come put pretty hyped up, in any other circumstance I would get eaten for lunch, I feel kinda of lucky that I get to see and play with so many, but then think whats the hype, yes straight line speed but out of the comfort zone there no better than a 2.0 1998 Celica?

Well..wouldn't say that, just far less open to risking their precious supercars get wrapped around a center divide etc!

If you have money for a super car, you have money to burn most of the time, ask my old boss...... I crashed his Yatch in to the isle of white........ no worries there on £240k worth of damage....... :lol:

Smashing a rear wheel of his lambo on the kirb, £5k for a new one...... no worries.. :o

would you not do the same?

I had a mclaren merc slr on my wedding day, cant say I took it easy, left 4hrs early to get to the church that was 9 miles away, what insurance for?

Boat below - sat on rocks :lol:

n1219758297_270343_3714.jpg

n1219758297_270340_3164.jpg

100_1885.jpg

100_1881.jpg

Edited by bigstring

if you know a road and someone else doesnt likely hoods are you will out drive them, iv out driven many a car round the lanes round by me, but thats cos i know them very weel having lived around this area for near 27 years, but put me out of my comfort zone on a lane i dont know, watch me drive totally different

the only way you have bragging rights is if you both dont know said road, then you find out who is the better driver, the car doesnt really factor to much into it really

if you know a road and someone else doesnt likely hoods are you will out drive them, iv out driven many a car round the lanes round by me, but thats cos i know them very weel having lived around this area for near 27 years, but put me out of my comfort zone on a lane i dont know, watch me drive totally different

the only way you have bragging rights is if you both dont know said road, then you find out who is the better driver, the car doesnt really factor to much into it really

Thats the pure plesure of driving this road and a track being on it, lots of moneys worth of super cars and bragging rights in a old toyota...

Thats the pure plesure of driving this road and a track being on it, lots of moneys worth of super cars and bragging rights in a old toyota...

like i say mate, you know the road well, by your own admission, so you dont have the position to hold bragging rights as they may not know the road ;)

Edited by Dan23

bad boy blah blah , giving it death on the public roads blah blah slapped legs blah blah

what have i taken on and beat wellll nothing really , my old beams had a scooby fair and square but other than that i dont get many players , its eaten a few pugs and such like but most of the time i tend to travel a bit to fast for most to catch up in the first place , from 80 onwards the cs tends to eat alive anything around , i guess its the look of the thing being an older lady that most dont try it on

I cant see where im going due to me being 5 foot nowt all i eva see is this word MOMO so am not going to go fast am i :lol::lol::lol:

I cant see where im going due to me being 5 foot nowt all i eva see is this word MOMO so am not going to go fast am i :lol::lol::lol:

And thats wrote on the gear stick :lol::lol::lol:

And thats wrote on the gear stick :lol::lol::lol:

Hello Sir... :):D:lol: Nearly fell on my chair upon reading your post...

Just beaten a ford ka :(

I had some fun with a Mazda 6 driver yesterday, he was driving like a total jerk

He'd gun it on the straighter bits of road and then nearly roll his car in the corners, not a problem for me I just kept up with him (think he got a bit annoyed in the end hehe)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.