Spoiler + HID's fitted = Happy driver.... but one small problemo

Hi guys, eventually parted with my tenner and joined as a proper member!

So first things first, heres the most recent pic of my celica :

post-29005-0-42940500-1300832322_thumb.jpg

So yeah eventually got my spoiler fitted and most recently got a set of HID's on, which is where the problem lies...

There seems to be 2 random splodges of light (if that makes any sense) coming from the drivers side light. I have took a picture of my car pulled up to some hedges so it can be more clearly shown:

post-29005-0-45252600-1300832379_thumb.jpg

All i can think at the minute is the headlight might be dirty or full of condensate on the inside which may throw the light out this way? But i think I'm clutching at straws with that one. Some may say its only a small glitch and live with it, but its starting to annoy me as I can always see it out of the corner of my eye, and I think I may be dazzling my fellow drivers!

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Will

Hi mate the blobs you see on your lights or ufos are a small hole on the light brackets and because the hid is mire powerful than a standard bulb it shines through it hence the UFO fixing it is trying to cover the hole I tried and it's a pain I learnt to live with it

Oh and :wttc:

mine are the same too, someone did say that the light is supposed to shine up there as with the lights being projectors the beam is very focused and wouldnt shine on signs etc , its just when you put the brighter hids in it is more noticeable, hope that makes sense

Mine do this too - always put it down to a slight reflection from inside the light unit just infront of the projectors. Unless you're driving directly towards a ten foot bush will you ever notice it??? ;)

All you have to do to fix the 'UFO' problem is buy some bulb holder adapters for your HID bulbs.

the 'UFO' effect is caused because the bulb doesn't sit right in the head light due to the holding pin not having enough pressure on the base of the bulb.

there's no need to learn to live with it because bulb holders WILL fix the problem.

HTH

:thumbs:

All you have to do to fix the 'UFO' problem is buy some bulb holder adapters for your HID bulbs.

the 'UFO' effect is caused because the bulb doesn't sit right in the head light due to the holding pin not having enough pressure on the base of the bulb.

there's no need to learn to live with it because bulb holders WILL fix the problem.

HTH

:thumbs:

I did buy some bulb holders off ebay, but they were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

mine are the same too, someone did say that the light is supposed to shine up there as with the lights being projectors the beam is very focused and wouldnt shine on signs etc , its just when you put the brighter hids in it is more noticeable, hope that makes sense

Yeah that makes sense, but its only doing it on the drivers side? Plus there only 5000K, not the brightest available.

I did buy some bulb holders off ebay, but they were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

You still might not have had the bulbs sat right. When o got my holders the difference was amazing! The light seemed brighter and the ufo's just vanished!

HID holders sort the problem out 100% of the time, assuming they are the correct ones.

Those UFO's as rpsmith has suggested are the perfect height to shine straight into everyones eyes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.