Turbocharged Coupes

If you could find a good example and didn't mind the extortionate running costs, insurance costs, rebuild costs AND you could put up with everyone taking the p*ss out of your 'wankel' engine :lol: then the obvious choice would be an FD3S RX7 IMHO

Little work on ride height and rims, some subtle aero mods. Still looks good today. One of the timeless classic shapes.

RE-Xtreme_DCups_08g.jpg

Mind you the list of 'ifs' would send most people running for the hills :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they look like a 90s Jap car Dan. No two ways about it. The Gen 7 looks far more modern. Its looks were well ahead of its time - in fact they were very innovative in 1999. The S15 looks like it came from the same period as the Gen 6. Here's a better picture of a stock one as yours is modded to fook and tries to bring the car into the 21st century. :P

250px-Nissan_s15.jpg

tbh go look t a stock gen7 and it looks pretty dull too

thing is tho Johnny is if the s15 looks dated when its are car the same age as the gen7, so theoretically we are now looking at car post 2005 (as yes the celica does still look very modern, i have to agree even the 6 doesnt look dated and could easliy be mistaken for a 2000+ reg car), so pretty much everything we have suggested will just not do.

end of the day we all got different tastes and what we think is a dated car or not, therefore us suggesting cars to the OP seems a tad pointless really

i see only two options, stick a SC in the gen7 or save up alot of pennies to buy a fast turbo charged coupe thats post 2005, and when the OP is saying £3k is alot to SC his gen7, hes out of luck getting a turbocharged coupe only a few years old. I mean correct me if im wrong but i cant think of any coupe thats post 2005 for £3k or under :shrug:

I only started this thread for friendly suggestions, not to offend anyone.

Just to be clear, my budget isn't 3k. I suppose I would be prepared to spend up to 15k on my next car.

im not offended, i was just stating facts from what you had been saying ;) £15k is a much healthier budget to have.

in all honestly if you like your gen 7 id SC it, 300bhp is a pretty impressive amount to have under your feet, not much out there thats gonna be at that power for about £4k

I like the s15 myself and think it's looks far better than the 7

IMO the 7 is far too angular unless kitted up , lowered and on good wheels

in todays climate I'd not recommend a Petrol turbo car for eveyday transport

go for a nice BMW turbo diesel coupe

If I had a £15K budget Id be getting myself a nice Jaguar XKR, or I would be thinking about having a 530d for driving to work and one of those GT4 celica things for fun.

The old faff has a few advantages:

It looks really good, You wont see many others out on the road, it'll only cost £205 for road tax and its got a controversial motorsport story.

Don't think you get it Dan, YOU think something is pointless/wrong and that's that...nobody else is right. The s15 is dated looking, saying 'its from the same year as the gen 7' is pointless...they're two extremely different looking vehicles. The Gen 7 looked ahead to the future whereas the s15 was OF it's era.

Ninjaspy, if you've got that type of budget, you have a whole load of vehicles you could consider...ranging from the sensible but powerful:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2328349.htm

to the outright silly:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2639604.htm

to what, without a shadow of a doubt, I'd have:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2559947.htm

But it's literally impossible to define your tastes in a few words, it takes someone their whole lives to end up with a taste in something...

Don't think you get it Dan, YOU think something is pointless/wrong and that's that...nobody else is right. The s15 is dated looking, saying 'its from the same year as the gen 7' is pointless...they're two extremely different looking vehicles. The Gen 7 looked ahead to the future whereas the s15 was OF it's era.

Ninjaspy, if you've got that type of budget, you have a whole load of vehicles you could consider...ranging from the sensible but powerful:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2328349.htm

to the outright silly:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2639604.htm

to what, without a shadow of a doubt, I'd have:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2559947.htm

But it's literally impossible to define your tastes in a few words, it takes someone their whole lives to end up with a taste in something...

If only you could take the interior of the audi, the engine acoustics of the spec c and the looks of the supra!

Think of it like this

4k - supercharged 7, outperform alot of other cars and still looks good.

15k- newer car, more in debt, other people probably have one the same spec and isn't any quicker.

If the only reason your bored of the 7 is power I know the option I would take from the above. And if you get that power would you really want to sell it on later down the line?

Think of it like this

4k - supercharged 7, outperform alot of other cars and still looks good.

15k- newer car, more in debt, other people probably have one the same spec and isn't any quicker.

If the only reason your bored of the 7 is power I know the option I would take from the above. And if you get that power would you really want to sell it on later down the line?

I agree with this entirely. Have been considering getting a new car for ages now but nothing really floats my boat, i want the power of an impreza but the looks of the gen 7 (i know the answer is obvious!) so at the moment, am thinking at how much it would cost for me to get a low mileage GT that i could then supercharge and keep for quite a few years to come.

I want the power of an impreza but the looks of the gen 7

You hit the nail on the head!

I just can't justify spending 4-5k on a car that I won't get back when it comes to selling. I do see munky's point about doing it for yourself & I would no doubt love every drive but in my eyes spending the cash on a new car that is already FI'd makes more sense to me.

Hmmm £15k FI coupe, what about N/A but jsut huge displacement

http://www.autotrade.../1501?logcode=p

;) or something similar

So far i think the only Vauxhaul i would ever 'concider' owning, or maybe the vx220 turbo, but thats it!!! Not saying i actually would buy one, but id concider it! :lol:

RE-Xtreme_DCups_08g.jpg

Fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap.....

I love this car!!!!! :drool::drool::bowdown:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.