Really angry - someone has jsut scratched my car!

Just got to my parents some an hour ago and the only space left was within 2 cars (non enforced residential car park), but a Peugeot 307cc had parked really close (practically overhanging) to the separating line. Having no choice, I parked in the space, well within my bay but still close to the pug's drivers door (1 foot maybe).

My mum just go in 15 mins ago and says there's a 50 cm scratch on the side. I go out and true enough, I can feel a key scratch. It's too dark to tell, but I think it may just be the top coat only.

It really hacks me off this, people think I am paranoid parking away from cars in supermarket car parks etc, and typically, when I don't have the choice, a moron decides he/she'll scratch my car because they parked badly in the first place!

Now, I am well aware of what happens in that car park and have always had a habit of taking pics or number plates when I have to park close to another car so I do have the number plate written down (anyone willing to help me get some details from it?). THis is the first time in 6 years it's proved useful.

I don't know if it's a local car or not. Whilst in an ideal world, I'd challenge the driver if I saw them again, I have no evidence...I have never been the one to think "an eye for an eye" but I serisouly think I'd return them the favour.

My dad reckons I should file a report for vandalism, saying I suspect that car owner, but I doubt much would come of it.

:(:P :P :hysterical: :hysterical:

soz mate ..had someone keying my wifes ka at tesco the other day and its very deep dunno why ppl would do that i guess they dont like other ppl having sumthing nice !!!

i know its a ka but i look after the cars ie polish and wax both our car as mush as i can then someone does that !!!

Spurred on by people I've mentioned this to and the post above, I reported it and got a crime reference number. Nothing to lose I guess indeed...

I now definitely will not be returning the favour, as I would obviously be a suspect in return!

Although the car park labelled is residential, anyone can park into it as it's not enforced, especially as it's opposite a local pub.

If I do see the car/driver again, do I scare them by telling them I've reported it to try to get repair costs out of them, or not? I visit my parents every other week, so my car will often be parked there, so would always be at risk or more damage. Even if I never seen them again, but if the police goes round to theirs (big if), they might do something else again.

Edited by Matthias Sammer

soz mate ..had someone keying my wifes ka at tesco the other day and its very deep dunno why ppl would do that i guess they dont like other ppl having sumthing nice !!!

i know its a ka but i look after the cars ie polish and wax both our car as mush as i can then someone does that !!!

I have had mine done to 3 weeks ago right from the front to the back not good quite deep to :(

Sorry to hear about this mate. Made me angry just reading it.

The thing is with people like that is if are willing to do it in the first place they are more likely to do more some other time if you tackle them about it - maybe get physical as well.

Pisses me right off that they feel they have the right to go around doing this and then even worse of they are tackled about it.

Glad it's been reported though mate, just hope it ends here.

Good luck.

there is no point reporting it

the same thing happened to my girlfriends sister in work

they parked up, keyed her passenger side, went shopping, came out and put the shopping in the boot and keyed the drivers side

had it all on the stores cctv, saw the woman doing it and her silver fiesta's licence plate

showed the police and they just gave her a £60 fine and left it at that, they wont even pass us the details so we can claim in the small claims courts for criminal damage (event though thats what the police told us to do)

so she is now £350 out of pocket

i say just get them back, just dont leave any witnesses

Well if it's residential parking surely the Pug will be there often? But without evidence you can't do much. Don't key the Pug if you see it again as it might not have been them and that would make you as bad as the offender.

You could have a quiet word...... or theres always a petrol bomb? :(:P :P

N.B - I am not endorsing this action :hysterical:

Just a thought as an alternative to let 2 flats on the pug, teach them a lesson, snip the valve off the tyres. They will have fun lol.

Not that I am saying you should, it's just a thought of how funny it can be ;).

Edited by Slix03

Well, the peugeot was back in the car park on Sunday, so it must be local. And parked liked a tool again, straddling 2 bays. I won't do anything but my dad will keep an eye out to see if he recognises the driver. I am really interested to know who he/she is.

Police rang back Monday morning saying they won't do anything due to lack of evidence (predictably) so there you go. I'm not going to retaliate as it will only fuel things as I have to use that car park until my parents move later this year. At the end of the day it's only a car, even though it's my pride and joy.

My anger's subsided now. I have ScratchX but I doubt it'll be of any use. I've always wanted to have the car detailed so maybe I'll see if I can pay extra to have some corrective work done. Otherwise, any tips/guides to sort it out myself would be welcome.

Apologies for the filthy car! I need a day free to give it some much overdue TLC.

dsc0182fj.jpg

dsc0184g.jpg

why not ask him , wait around untill he shows then go complaining at him telling him theres a whitness , take the piss and see if he confesses , tell him the cops are looking for him and give him a sheet of paper with the crime number and officers name and number and ask what hes going to do about this ,,,, you never know it may work , if hes a pub dweller then call the cops on seeing him leave , phone the local station and say you have seen a drunk man get into his car , struggle out the car park and weave down the road , you never know

So, the tool is local and uses said car park regular - you have the makings of a revenge plan :lol:

Take your time mate, get your baby sorted out first, and when enough water has passed under the bridge...

...well lets just say i'd make sure his inconvenience was much more than mine.

And if you're not the type - pay someone who is :lol:

So, the tool is local and uses said car park regular - you have the makings of a revenge plan :lol:

Take your time mate, get your baby sorted out first, and when enough water has passed under the bridge...

x2

is it a diesel or petrol Pug?

if petrol:

buy a fuel can

fill it with diesel and maybe some piss

gain access to his petrol cap, might need a screwdriver.

empty diesel contents into his engine.

put petrol cap back on :lol:

Edited by InsolentMinx

x2

If he's done that to your car it's likely you're not the only one, in which case he has lots of people he could suspect if his own car is... errm... discommoded. So wait a while and then, well, you can't get far on tyres which have been knifed through a sidewall, can you? Just watch out for cameras and, even better, follow the guy somewhere away from the car park.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.