Pics off ebay when i bought the car

cuchilo

Here's the pics of my car i bought in wales 3 weeks ago, I spoke to the lady seller she told me needed 2 new tyres prior to completeing the sale, when i got there all 4 were well and truly BALD in fact both canvas and steel wire showing through ... the weather was attrocious on the way back so i ended up sliding back to Derby as opposed the driving back lol

post-27299-1297024579_thumb.jpgpost-27299-1297024594_thumb.jpg

post-27299-1297024602_thumb.jpgpost-27299-1297024611_thumb.jpg

post-27299-1297024622_thumb.jpgpost-27299-1297024631.jpg

see if you can see the canvas etc in the pics .... i couldn't, and the lady assured me they were "scrubbed" luckily my old ST had decent 16" momo alloys with good tyres so swapped to them till i get new tyres for the 17" alloys in the pics, the momo's are 50 wide where as the OZ are only 40's not sure which are better for road holding, the OZ are prettier i think!

I plan to tidy the engine bay (i will post pics with before and after shots) and give her a really good clean and polish then i post more pics.

Dave

post-27299-1297024639.jpg

post-27299-1297024649.jpg

Edited by cuchilo

yeah i can see the canvas on the back tyres, lol

bet that was fun driving, and yeah could of been done over big time if you got pulled, lol

Edited by kar1

hey no need to tell me the consequenses i am a truck driver lol if i had known it needed the tyres changing i would have taken the ones of my st and you are right about the widths was having a blonde moment. the drive back was VERY exciting, a 200 mile skidpan! TBH i not sure how the hell thay managed to get ALL 4 tyres in such a bad state they were all equally worn .... unbelievable! on a GT4 i could understand but on a FWD car !!!!!

but its only illegal if you get caught, (my dad told me that) its all sorted now a totally legal car back on the road for less than £600 not too shabby in my book and when i finished with her she will be stunning!

Edited by cuchilo

lol Very Crazy ..... How much did you pay for the car? (£400)

Well if you had gotten got a Bargin Celica would have costed you your Licence plus up to £10'000 Fine. Should have gotten them replaced at the nearest garage :thumbs:

Welcome to Celica Club :(

yeah only £400, it was a sunday that i picked it up ... no garages open lol and i had asked the seller if the tyres were ok to drive on ... if they hadn't been i had a full set of legal tyres i could have taken and tbh i should have!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.