Got my car back! :D

Oh how I've missed her!!

She spent 4 days at my local bodyshop, and now she's back in my loving arms with a flawless passenger door and rear quarter.

:lol::) :) :)

This financial set-back means I won't be able to do the things I was hoping to do in the early months of 2011, but hopefully I'll be getting a new job before summer so I'll have some extra disposable income.

anyway, pictures:

Before, thanks to an unknown motorist side-swiping my parked car.

DSC02134.jpg

DSC02132.jpg

After, thanks to D.C. Dodd Bodyshop

IMAG0295.jpg

IMAG0294.jpg

thanks all :lol:

I gave her a sad glance as i left her parked in my flat's car park.... please let her still be in this condition when i return...

Need to find some money for the 17" Momo's that i want so i can rid myself of the corroded stockers.

then i can get my BBK fitted :)

got an interview/informal chat this afternoon with a bigger company who might have a vacancy. fingers crossed.

the repair was 400 +VAT.

It was actually the cheapest local quote i got, and it came from a bodyshop that was referred to me by one of my best mate's parents, who have used them a few times... and it was also referred to me by the local garage which my parents have always taken their cars to, and who we trust implicitly.

To me, that kind of referral speak volumes.

Aside from them, i got another 2 quotes at the £700 mark, and i even got one quote of £970.

I did get a cheaper quote, but the impracticality of the location kinda ruled that out for me. Plus the referrals from people I know, and their promised quick turnaround, made this seem a much better option.

The bonus for me was that the bodyshop is a 5 minute walk from my new flat. I drove it there Monday morning at 7:30am, and it was finished Thursday lunchtime. Picked it up this morning at 7:30am.

Might be an idea to check the underseal is all ok in that wheel arch and where the inner/outer skin meet. It'd be such a shame if your car suffers like mine has every 2 or 3 years with rust appearing from an old repair. You had a nasty looking scrape there but it looks like a nice repair job has been done. Just my 2p to keep it that way :lol:

I feel yor pain mate. Someone done the same to mine in a Tesco Car Park a while back leaving a nasty 18 inch scratch and dent in my nearside door. I was gutted every time I looked at it. Eventually got it repaired for a couple of hundred quid and all's good. A lesson learned though I always park miles away from any other cars. Most lazy gits want to park as close to the store door so it's usually safer to be a good walk away. Best of luck in your hunt for a new job.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.