I'm loving the celica again

Dan23

after being away from the celica for a few years i really have found new love with my new celica, sure she has a few little niggles, but for the price i paid im well chuffed. who else is loving their celica?

Brilliant car! And for the money it's just about the best there is. I loved my first Celica, a Gen 6 GT, couldn't believe how good it was for the £1120 I paid for it, and my present Gen 6 GT Vert still gives me a huge kick when I see it, especially with the hood down in summer.

Edited by Gen6GT

Me too, 4 years now :D..... I love the fact i can spend the money on more worthy causes like going on holiday, going out etc than spending it on more fault diagnosis because my broken ass turbo decided to break again.

after being away from the celica for a few years i really have found new love with my new celica, sure she has a few little niggles, but for the price i paid im well chuffed. who else is loving their celica?

it's been less then a year, you were modding the Black SS-II till at least May last year http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.p...howtopic=101417

just waiting for the "for sale" thread and the "i'm buying an oil wasting Datsun" thread, you're like one of those fella's that constantly shags his ex-girlfriend, yeah she's pretty and all that but been there done that, you know someone's going to get the wrong idea try to get back into a relationship and it will all end with heartbreak exactly the same way as before. same with those frigging Datsuns.

why is dan back in a celica, when he said FI was the way forward?

how long you keeping this one for?

FI is the way forward, for thrill you cant beat FI, but for practicality and looks and reliability you cant beat the Celica imo, iv always said that

i wanna try hard not to get rid of this any time soon, i want another 200sx but as a 2nd car, something to play about with so when it spends 10 months of the year off the road broken, it doesnt matter as i still have the celica for my main car

it's been less then a year, you were modding the Black SS-II till at least May last year http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.p...howtopic=101417

i never really felt like i owned that car, it just didnt give me any WOW factor, i never gave it a 2nd glance as i walked away, i never really enjoyed driving it, look how long i owned it for and the fact i dont fook all to it other than clean it.

this new celica is so different, it feels different (dont know why) it looks prettier, i wanna try and keep this one for a while now

You have seen the light Dan ,nice looking gen 6 you have there...I owned a s14a for a while and do miss the power but the celica is fast enoguh for everyday use...especially as i have lots of celica parts so cheap to run.. :D

5 years in Feb I'll have had mine :D Still love it, it does really help not driving it all the time though, else I'd probably get bored. Can't wait to get my coilies on as well...

Nice having a proper engine again that doesn't blow up all the time isn't it Dan :) The 3S-GE is a superb engine...the black one I've just bought has 140k on it, and it's as quiet and smooth as you can get...

yeah this one is on 151k and is spot on, would never guess its done that kinda mileage, been spends today on little bits, it will again have a dan special Engine bay, but this time we are going green

Edited by Dan23

I'd have had mine 11 years in March :D Still got the love, especially since sorting out a new clutch and other mechanicals. I still dont see anything I could replace it with.. they dont make or style cars like they used to!

What I need to do now though is sort the bodywork - its not the pristine car I bought so long ago..

You have seen the light Dan ,nice looking gen 6 you have there...I owned a s14a for a while and do miss the power but the celica is fast enoguh for everyday use...especially as i have lots of celica parts so cheap to run.. :D

another very happy gen 5 owner i have had two unfortunately the first was written off by a woman driver crashing into my front end and side because she pulled out on a junction ,but my second i am very happy with ,had some mods done looks good but want to do more they are truly beautiful cars and loving the pop up headlights gives the car so much character i think

post-26199-1295097633_thumb.jpg

I cant wait till the weather gets a little better and more predictable then il be loving mine too, loving pulling the dam engine/box out for multi plate clutch and metal head gasket, then il be after loving some track action

The weather is the only thing thats not making me love mine right now, and the fact there's no brakes on the rear + body work damage, aprart from that it's all good baby!

I cant wait till the weather gets a little better and more predictable then il be loving mine too, loving pulling the dam engine/box out for multi plate clutch and metal head gasket, then il be after loving some track action

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.