Swap 140 to 190 worth it?

MikePower

I`ve been thinking about changing for a while on and off as I`m sure a lot of G7 140 owners have, I have a 2004 with Premium and style packs but just having hit 100k I have been wondering if its worth changing to a Tsport with lower miles. Has anybody gone from a 140 to a 190 and truly noticed a big difference in normal driving or is it only when you floor it. I have been looking on Autotrader everynight looking at other make cars but I do like the g7 shape.

I`ve been thinking about changing for a while on and off as I`m sure a lot of G7 140 owners have, I have a 2004 with Premium and style packs but just having hit 100k I have been wondering if its worth changing to a Tsport with lower miles. Has anybody gone from a 140 to a 190 and truly noticed a big difference in normal driving or is it only when you floor it. I have been looking on Autotrader everynight looking at other make cars but I do like the g7 shape.

I know what you mean - Id normally have changed my car at 100k but nothing takes my fancy - been pondering over a cr-z as ive given up hope on the ft-86 ever coming out...

I was in your position last summer. I had a 140 and loved the styling and general feel of the Gen 7 but wanted more power, So I went out and bought my GT... Best decision I have ever made, I love the 190 so much over the 140.

General day to day driving there isnt much difference apart from the 190 is more responsive on the throttle and the gearing is higher for example at 30mph in the 140 itll be at 3000rpm and the 190 at the same speed is about 3500rpm. Not much difference but can get tiring.

But when you get a bit bored just take in into lift and enjoy the kick up the backside ;) makes me smile everytime.

Hope that helps ya matey

Owned both. 190 FTW! :lol:

Agrizzle!

Mostly the same until you're late! ;)

Beautiful harmony of economy (somewhat) and power! 140 just isn't fast when you need it to be. 190 is a completely different driving experience as well. Takes a good driver to keep it in lift constantly whilst still cornering properly! :unsure:

My dad did the swap 5 years ago, was sad to see the 140 go but you've just got to love lift in the 190, makes and excellent sound ;)

i got a 140 now but am currently looking for a decent 190 engine to do a conversion

i got all the parts, just need the main block now

i got a 140 now but am currently looking for a decent 190 engine to do a conversion

i got all the parts, just need the main block now

Good luck with the convo, I haven`t the skills and I wonder if it would be cost effective if I was going to throw money at mine to boost power think I`d prob SC it.

Good luck with the convo, I haven`t the skills and I wonder if it would be cost effective if I was going to throw money at mine to boost power think I`d prob SC it.

There's always the option of dropping in a 190 AND supercharging it ;)

Se7en can help either way, 140 to 190 Conversion, 140 Supercharged or 190 Supercharged are all part of the work we do. Drop me or Lee a PM if you want help, advice, prices or just general thoughts on what your options are.

Mick

I am having the exact same thoughts at the moment with my 140 it's getting on a bit and so tempted to upgrade to a Gen 7 GT I just love how it looks but can't decide. I have had a Celica for over 6 years now including my old Gen 6 and only ever had Toyotas so tempted for some thing else there is not much else out there though. Well apart from an Elise but that's just not a good option for me at the moment.

I know what you mean - Id normally have changed my car at 100k but nothing takes my fancy - been pondering over a cr-z as ive given up hope on the ft-86 ever coming out...

no dont ive hurd bad things about it

but on the first question, go for it, what else can u get thats better and cheaper on insurance

Edited by shmotorsport

Having owned both i would defo go for the 190,whole new driving experience and you will love the lift not that i get there very often ;) You can pick a GT up for as little as 8K now depending on your budget :unsure:

how about spending £1000, maybe £1500 max and going for a 75bhp shot of Nitrous ;)

make your 140 something special when the little switch is flicked, and a still great looking, but very economical car when the switch is off.

i imagine insurance might be cheaper on a 140 with Nos compared to a supercharged 190

Edited by InsolentMinx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.