More Gold bits

samuaw

Well Just to show something I today.. A very very very small job.

Thought i'd paint my Toyota Badge....

The GT comes with a Red Toyota badge and a Red GT badg with chrome surrounds, And this just Doens't fly with the colour scheme i'm going for...

And the fact the red was already coming off from jet washing and the Clay Bar.

So.. I chipped off the original Red with a coin,,, and started painting..

Orginially, I thought i'd paint where the red used to be... But realised i couldn't get a good finish with the brush.

11112010416.jpg

So i took it all off and had a new approach...

Painting the little "ditch" between the 2 chrome bits...

And here are the results..

12112010422.jpg

Will go nicely with my Gold infills, and Mook has my GT badge making an infill to fit into that, And of course Gold Club Stickers.... Just awaiting on those to stick onto the car

All in the name of achieving Gold Member

Me likey :) Have you done your calipers gold?

My Callipers have been Gold since day 1... well more like 2 weeks after i got it....

I would shoot it with lacquer... But.. It'll dull down the chrome ... I doubt the gold will magically rub off, As

The way i did it was.... Paint the edges to the best i can... Let it dry, and got 0 grade wire wool to rub off the excess. .. Didn;t even rub off what i was after as the ridge is deep.

And hey presto, only the ridge was painted.....

The only way to remove it is with a needle and scratch it off...

Did u receive those gold bolts I sent you Goldmember?

Yup.. on the car already.. Though.. only a few bolts fit...

maybe half of them, I.e.. the one holding on the VVTLI cover... those weren't long enough, And for the Spark plugs too.. So, I had to changed the ones holding the lights down.. and some other ones...

Maybe i should get some Gold watches, bracelets, necklaces.. and teeth to match...

No no.. i'll just get a Gold credit card, Whenever they allow me to have that much credit...

Yup.. on the car already.. Though.. only a few bolts fit...

maybe half of them, I.e.. the one holding on the VVTLI cover... those weren't long enough, And for the Spark plugs too.. So, I had to changed the ones holding the lights down.. and some other ones...

Maybe i should get some Gold watches, bracelets, necklaces.. and teeth to match...

No no.. i'll just get a Gold credit card, Whenever they allow me to have that much credit...

Cool, pics please!!!

Btw the bolts I sent were for the ecu cover, lights, fuse box holder and to replace the two screws that hold the bumper on. :)

Update....

Mook has returned my Blinging bits..

He also has amazingly neat hand writting, Never have i seen such neat hand writting on a letter to myself

But onwards to pictures as we all love them

These are probably the worse pictures which has come from my Phone.. as i was rushing to stick the double sided foam, then to my car before work started..

19112010423.jpg

Gold GT badge infill- Finger prints ALL over the bling.. I have oily skin?? Or just the price to pay when you have bling.. Lots of cleaning to get them to shine...

19112010427.jpg

Chrome Gold club stickers

19112010426.jpg

And Re badged... (bad angle)

I know how people love the debadged look, But i want to be proud of my GT, Thus i put them all back on.

They look Amazing and had to get them back onto my car as soon as they came though the post..

Thanks Mook, Your work is Quality!

Edited by samuaw

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.