Celica photo challenge.

johny

Just a bit of fun, but lets see if this takes off.

The challenge is to post a photo of your Celica with a nominated building or landmark in the frame.

The person who posts the photo then suggests the next building or landmark to be posted - again with a Celica clearly visible.

As long as the building or landmark is not obscure or un-accessible this could prove to be an interesting, long running thread that will take time to develope.

Also it is a chance to show-off your Celica.

So for starters - who will be the first the post a photo of their Celica near the new Spinnacre building in Portsmouth?

I'll try and do the Spinekar tower (seeing as photoshops are not allowed) but the car park is hidden away under Gunwharf so not sure how to get it all in one pic. Leave it with me :lol:

Cool pic Mook :D

Nelson's column will be a toughie as the roads are just a tad busy and anyone stopping will prob be jumped upon by a number of armed Policemen :shock:

Would be easiest to take an assistant and keep driving around until the traffic causes you to stop in a good place for the pic :wink:

Not close enough for me really - can't justify petrol and time for a Photo Challenge :D

I know - no dedication . . . :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just sneak in a picture of the GT4 on a bridge ...

... across the river that forms part of the border between Slovakia and the Czech Republic. :D

Never one to miss a chance to post a pic, me. :lol:

czech.jpg

What's next, Craigie? :popcorn:

Angus

Woo ... I'll hit this one with a big hammer! :lol:

What about Wurzburg Castle, Germany? Go on, that's my car in the car park! :D

wurzburg.gif

OK, OK. How about Ljubljana Castle in Slovenia?

ljubljana.gif

Hmm, not enough castle, eh? OK, here's Somosko Castle, on the Hungary/Slovakia border (car's in Hungary, castle's in Slovakia...):

somosko.gif

And just as an added bonus, this is Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria up on the hill in this one. This is as close as you can get in the car. The castle from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and countless jigsaw puzzles/chocolate boxes ...

neuschwan.gif

Eek ... sorry about the wheels in that last one. Horrid.

Now, can I get to choose what's next?

I vote for ... a WINDMILL!

Angus

And just as an added bonus, this is Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria up on the hill in this one. This is as close as you can get in the car. The castle from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and countless jigsaw puzzles/chocolate boxes ...

neuschwan.gif

Is that Kaiser Willhelm's fairytale castle? Best castle in the world! It's one helluva trek on foot to get up there though, but worth it!

Mad King Ludwig was the bloke that built it - based the whole thing round Wagnerian operas!

He also built a huge acropolis thing near Regensburg - a hall of Germanic Heroes. Superb.

Aye, it is a hike to get up there, but deffo worth it, especially if you do the detour round the back as well so you can see the castle from the bridge across the ravine.

Angus

I refer my honourable friend to the following evidence in asking him to withdraw his heinous accusation of being off-topic:

Righty ho then, lets ditch Nelson's Column. Next plan would be a well known bridge,

Craigie responded with a picture of his motor at the Millennium Bridge in Gatesheeed:

Got this one of my old car at Newcastle/Gateshead Millenium Bridge.

followed by his suggestion for the next location:

How about a piccie of a Celica near a Castle or stately home?

It was in this spirit that I decided to deploy my splatter gun by posting pictures of two of my cars at various castles. My addition of the car at the Czech border, on a bridge no less, was posted as I thought it may be of interest to readers.

Personally, I think that this thread is an ideal place to include a bit of info about locations - that way we all learn a little something along the way rather than just looking at the pretty pictures like Sun readers, and it'll all be helpful when we get onto Mastermind or the Weakest Link. :lol:

Given the above evidence, I therefore argue that my suggestion of the next location as being a windmill stands, M'lud.

:D

Angus

Until Mook makes a request, the next feature for a Celica photo is a windmill.

This is meant to be a light hearted thread , intended to encourage some different Celica photographs - getting away from the "On my drive" & "At a car show" standards that we normally get.

Any information on the location will add to the interest of the photograph.

So get out there and get snapping - show off your Celicas with pride!

I believe 'a windmill' neither is a challenge, as i come from suffolk where there are 5 within a few miles of where i grew up!

Stop gurning and go and take a picture of one, then. Just to embarrass Dublet, if nothing else. :lol:

Angus

I believe 'a windmill' neither is a challenge, as i come from suffolk where there are 5 within a few miles of where i grew up!

Stop gurning and go and take a picture of one, then. Just to embarrass Dublet, if nothing else. :lol:

Hell, I wouldn't know where the windmills are in the city I now live in. :S Plus, my car needs a thorough washing. :lol:

I do have pictures of other people's Celica near a windmill. :D:ban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.