Car security

Seeing as I'm spending a fair bit on the car and will continue to do so, my next "modification" will be upping the security. Does anyone have any recommendations for alarms and trackers? I don't really have a budget, I'm looking to spend about £500-£700, so a decent budget for an alarm and tracker I think?  

I'm not overly fussed about insurance, if it makes the price go down then that'll be a nice bonus but my first priority is safety.

As for features of the alarm wellll apart from the obvious I like the sound the alarm sending you a text when it's activated, I won't hear it if I'm asleep but my phone always wakes me up if it goes off... Remote start would be cool but not necessary.

Also is a tracker a bad thing? People often say the po-po can see when you're speeding and your driving habits, but surely this is just bullshit. I hear a tracker is a pay monthly thing? How much is this?I would google this but google's being a woman and won't work atm.

I think Clifford ones is the one a girl uses at work, if you go near it, it beeps, if you break in and start the car it auto destructs some circuit that prevents whatever signal is required to start the car and more

Had a toad ai606 on 3 previous cars and would have one on the gen7 if the standard alarm wasn't adequate. Safe'n'sound fitted mine for about £300 with closure add-ons and proximity sensors. Has all the options for remote start etc if you want to add them.

As for your fears about a tracker watching your speed, don't you have a 140 anyway? :P

I had a Toad system with internal camera, tracker and paging on my old R34 and would recommend them to anyone. May look into another for my 185 and you will easily get one on your budget

Edit: Can't seem to find the kit with the camera available any more :huh:

Edited by princy

I had a Toad system with internal camera, tracker and paging on my old R34 and would recommend them to anyone. May look into another for my 185 and you will easily get one on your budget

Edit: Can't seem to find the kit with the camera available any more :huh:

This sounds good. If you find a link please share :)

used toad and clifford, i now use parts off cliffords range along with other companies and the main alarm is from south africa, saves a bundle, has auto start with alarm still secure, runs for 10 minutes then shuts down has run on as well so if i turbo i can let it cool down, auto locking after engage first gear, very sensitive, which is what i like so no bugger goes near it for long as alarm sounds, can be programmed to do more which is good in the ever changing market.

give me a PM and will forward details, company local to you with a very good rep fitted it who is also a good mate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.