Advice!

Tomb

My rear caliper pistons are sticking I believe, doesn't feel right when braking, isn't binding though. Thought pistons is just sticking BUT can anyone explain to me why for every revolution of my wheel (only in reverse) there is a grinding/ squeak noise?

Any advice is much appreciated, will be getting it on the ramp this weekend, but if I know what to expect when I dig into this issue I can have the parts ready, I commute several hundred miles a week for work and will be on the road all next week, managed to keep it on my drive this week to play safe.

I hope it is that straight forward nothing has been lately, I bet I know what caused it if that is the case driving through several inches of wet mud last week probably didn't help it maybe caused it

It'll be your handbrake shoes, loosen them off ever so slightly by turning the disc so the hole on the hub is at the bottom, and by turning the gold cog inside. While you're at it, take off the rear calipers that are held on by the same bolts that are the sliders - two 14mm bolts. Grease them up with red rubber grease and put them back in. Do the same for the pins holding the pads in, and everything should be grand :)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.