Potentially Selling :(

Lewisek

Hi friends, I've had my T Sport for 2 trouble free years now and it's been an absolute pleasure.

In the 2 years I've had it I've put less than 10k miles on it and usually only drive it at the weekends or if it's dry outside.

I'm thinking of selling and letting someone else enjoy the car as I feel I'm not making the most of it.

It's an 04 plate T Sport in Thunder Grey with 61k on the clock, full service history and had one long term owner before me.

I put BC coilovers and some lovely Grids on it but would probably put her back to stock to sell.

Just trying to work out what price to ask for IF I do end up selling and if anyone on here would be interested in the coilies or rims etc.

12 months MOT (no advisories), 6 months tax left and had oil, filter and brakes serviced yesterday.

The bodywork is pretty much mint bar a scratch on the rear bumper (I bought it like this and I'm mental about cleanliness etc) and a few stone chips on the bonnet.

Sorry this was so long and probs boring!

I've seen them go for a fair amount with this sort of mileage and history and it is my baby and has been well cared for.

As I say I'm not 100% sure I want to move on.

errr what sort of mileage?

Doh 61k, sorry missed it. Stock. High 2k low 3k depending on your luck. Mine's a year newer on 69 and using Kev's little book, the link to which I have now lost mine was £3200.

Don't do it until you have a burn on what to do or you will just regret it.

Edited by daytona
  • Like 1

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/170626-15-off-gear-oils-coolants-antifreeze/#entry2166090

Nice Uncle kev has sent a link, bless. He says prices usually a bit optimistic though...............

I'm confuzzled.!..doesn't take much...but what's Opie oils offers got to do with the OP thinking about selling his car.? :shrug:

Neil

Yeah as I say I'm just not sure yet, I love the car to bits, it's my little grey baby but I feel that 9k miles in 2 years is a bit mental for such a fun car?

Thanks for the answers, I was thinking of putting it on Autotrader at 3,495 and seeing if I get mega lucky!

If I can find a nice GT lip for it and maybe some other little bits I will probably keep her for another year :)

Yeah as I say I'm just not sure yet, I love the car to bits, it's my little grey baby but I feel that 9k miles in 2 years is a bit mental for such a fun car?

Uh - I've had mine a year and put 12k on it. I'd much rather be in your position and not have had to do boring miles in it (ie town commutes) - seems like a positive to me!

I was thinking the same thing. As a fun weekend car it's worth keeping unless of course you really need the money or space on your drive. The thing that would force me to sell mine is a need for more practicality and the miles I do.

My TSport is my daily driver so whatever miles I put on it would be the same regardless of what car it was, I probably do less than 5000miles per year but I see that as a positive not negative. I just enjoy whatever miles I drive in it and I know I am bored driving a more modern car (actually consider the Celica as a modern car compared to my previous ones)

Edited by david924s

Guys these are all super valid points. I think I was being a bit rash in thinking of selling. I love the Celi and the way it drives and, surprisingly the attention it gets from other people. I'm sure I'll keep it for a year longer and attend some CCUK meets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.