Who is the average Celica Owner?

DannyScene

Amazed by the huge range of folk driving these splendid machines!

I'm 65 and about to retire after 48 years' hard labour in a paying-out government department. My real love was the smart Roadster but having owned a couple I realised they were fatally flawed - naff gearbox and water leaks - at my age I didn't want the anxiety of anticipating big repair jobs. I wanted something vaguely exotic but bulletproof reliable. Enter the Celica - and I found an 06-plated motor with just 12,000 miles on the clock. I wanted a daily driver too that sat outside on the drive - my real exotic drive in the garage being an inherited Morgan Plus 4...

How fabulous to have inherited a Morgan Plus 4! You ought to go to the Morgan factory (if you can call it that!) over our way in Malvern.

They do (or at least used to) Corporate events and I keep meaning to look into that for another CCUK meet... I did know one of the family members, but not sure I know how to get hold of him now.

The difference between men and boys is just the price of their toys..............

You're probably right! They're not above throwing their toys out of the pram either :D

I think the average celica owner where I live haven't got a clue about what they drive. Nor bothered about looking after or cleaning them. And they never smile as you go past them or even wave.

I've never spotted another club member either.

Surely I can't be the only one in Derby.?

Oh and yes I'm also bald 46 slightly over weight and also used to be blonde lol

• 3 weeks later...

It is surprising how many people have posted working in a office here.

Looks like I'm a black sheep here working as a electrician

Turned 21 last years and that's when I decided to get a celica when I picked up a Gen 7 GT 2 weeks ago with 25k miles on the clock shame though poor girl needs some scratches removed or wrapping peral blue

Kdyke 2 black sheep then - I'm 32 electronic engineer, decided to go celica way after 2 years in company gutless fiesta limited to 70mph :drool:,had enough of 30 sec acceleration 50->70.

I've seen 3 celicas on the road so far, one on tow truck, another one with too big exhaust barely visible trough dirt, possibly storm grey. Third was my works colleague, 140 pre facelift, 200mpg of oil, has been scrapped about year ago.

Well im 28 and anything but an average driver lol ive modded my car to make it stand out and i look after it well with regular servicing and only use super unleaded fuel, only the best for my baby lol but when im on a back road or bypass i will put my foot down and have some fun, after all thats what the car was made for ;). I think most people are probably quite shocked to see a girl driving past them so fast. I am definitely a petrol head :). Oh and i work in customer service lol.

• Like 3

Well im 28 and anything but an average driver lol ive modded my car to make it stand out and i look after it well with regular servicing and only use super unleaded fuel, only the best for my baby lol but when im on a back road or bypass i will put my foot down and have some fun, after all thats what the car was made for ;). I think most people are probably quite shocked to see a girl driving past them so fast. I am definitely a petrol head :). Oh and i work in customer service lol.

Where abouts in Essex are you? Im also a female petrol head get some funny looks i do when i speed past the fella's :lol:

Oh awesome! So glad to see another female petrol head around who isn't afraid to put their foot down :) lol. I'm from braintree, where are you? I've seen a few other celicas driving about near me but they are all guys lol

Oh awesome! So glad to see another female petrol head around who isn't afraid to put their foot down :) lol. I'm from braintree, where are you? I've seen a few other celicas driving about near me but they are all guys lol

Haha B) Im in Southend! Im always along the seafront in the summer months! Nice to see you're close by Im out and about quite a lot I'll keep a close eye for your car :)

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't consider myself an average Celica driver. I'm 22, Uni student and been driving for 6 months. This is my second car after owning a Golf for 2 months. The Gen 7 isn't a typical student's car I would say, so I get a few head turns probably people wondering how somebody who is (and looks) so young can drive one of these. I quite enjoy it. I think people not in the know overestimate the price of these cars

I wouldn't consider myself an average Celica driver. I'm 22, Uni student and been driving for 6 months. This is my second car after owning a Golf for 2 months. The Gen 7 isn't a typical student's car I would say, so I get a few head turns probably people wondering how somebody who is (and looks) so young can drive one of these. I quite enjoy it. I think people not in the know overestimate the price of these cars

Same as you and yeah I love having something different. How does the gen 7 compare to the Golf? Most of the people in my uni class either have typical student cars like corsas and fiestas (fair enough if they just want a cheap run around to get them through uni) or financed ones they're struggling to pay off :lol:

Same as you and yeah I love having something different. How does the gen 7 compare to the Golf? Most of the people in my uni class either have typical student cars like corsas and fiestas (fair enough if they just want a cheap run around to get them through uni) or financed ones they're struggling to pay off :lol:

There's no comparison to the Golf, the Celica performs better in every regard, just as comfortable, the boot is surprisingly spacious, some of my larger friends may groan in the back but .. Not my problem! And yeah I have no qualms with a cheap runaround Corsa or Punto or whatever, I don't like Mr Financed Vauxhall VXR though! haha

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting reading here !

I got my first Celica when I turned 21, I had waited over a year for an insurance claim to be settled after a van drove into the side of me while I was driving in a car park... I had always loved the look of the Celica and ended up buying a lagoon blue T sport. For a good few months, I never knew lift existed, you can imagine how much more I liked the car after this. After just short of 3 years of owning her I opted to hand her back, I had been offered a coaching role in L.A. (football) and could not afford to keep the Celica and go to the states.

So after coming back from the states and driving a number of different cars, BMW's, Astra SRI's and a Clio....I could not help myself and return to the Celica fold. I almost bought a run in silver T sport as I wanted one so badly, but ended up paying just over £3k for a 06 storm blue T sport with 91k. I know this was probably a bit over the top, however the car felt solid in comparison to the silver one I test drove. Currently a Business Support Analyst and for a while, used to see a thunder grey GT kicking about my way.

My old Celica still appears to be live an well in Edinburgh these days, I had left the stickers on her but not sure if the new owner ventured onto here, certainly not seen it kicking about anyway.

• Like 1

Interesting to hear so many people coming back to get another Celica after owning other cars

...and so many regret letting theirs go.!!.....but what else is there if you want style, (not a warmed up common Eurobox), handling, decent performance and sound, useability, reliability and great handling..... at an affordable cost.!!!.?

For me, It just ticks so many boxes.!!..and assuming my "needs" don't change, then I can't see what else I could want without spending mega bucks..and I'm not about to do that. :)

Neil

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.