Whats your plans for your motor over the winter ?

Well my hunt for the TRD clutch is well scuppered. The number of places I've tried in the states is now well into teens, six had them listed and none were in stock. All six sent me emails to say that they are now discontinued and try Japan.

anyway went back to the drawing board and sent a message to MWR to see if they could held. Not with TRD but after a few emails with Matt and what I was looking for I settled on an ACT TC2-HDSS which he said it close to TRD in spec and suitable for fast street and track days. Little bit more than TRD prices would have been but at $460 delivered to my agent in Houston not to shabby.

Order in to a local dealership for two full sets front and rear TRD pads, TRD oil filters and a TRD radiator cap. What with the upper front brace I picked up for the RAV4 I'm now on my baggage limit.

So now I need to get a MR2 LSD. Any help here much appreciated. Then I just need a decent gearbox builder. December/January.

• Like 1

With the cost of my Gearbox repairs the plans for having a daily are gone.

So ill be running mine throughout the winter.

Got a few little mods sat in the garage to do and got the new wings to try and repair. Lots to do. Also need to start saving to overhaul the exhaust and bin that Piss Poor Engineering manifold.

Edited by Booth

I've got a steering wheel, door card inserts, arm rest, gear knob and gaiter, and sun visors with Mondo waiting for re-trimming - so they should go on for Christmas; I'm considering a re-spray and I'm still very tempted by a gearbox overhaul - mainly because pretty much everything except the gearbox has either been replaced or fully serviced over the past twelve months.

Then next year, it's time to re-trim the seats in leather as well.

The only problem is cash flow, of course. With Christmas and a trip to South Africa planned in the new year, I'm just going to have to pace myself.

Thinking about it Im going to move this out of Gen 7 forum so others can get involved.

Ah, so that's why I've not noticed this thread before!

I'm going to drive mine all winter - might think twice if there's more than 3 inches of snow on the road, and then I'd use the Rav4.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.