Cv outer joint knocking..

Ok so my lowering plans have had to go on hold as I took my car to my friends garage to get things checked underneath and as he said a few weeks ago that with the weight of the wheels I.e car up on a lift when ur turn the wheel front to back as in forward and reverse by hand it knocks at what he sais is the outer cv joint..

I've had a price off tcb of £85 delivered for both sides thats for the full kit of joints, boots, grease and clips..the price wud be higher but Alex I think it was gave me some discount.

They are 3sfe specific but is this a good price or quite high? (no offence intended if anyone from tcb reads this)

Sounds alright to me,TCB usually supply good parts and are very knowledgeable;just ordered some more bits myself today from them,use them a lot.you can get odd bits off eBay but you have to make sure that theyre the exact right parts,and a lot of them are cheaply made hence cheaper price.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=350889295434&alt=web

I will get these tho but can someone confirm that whilst holding the wheel with the car on a lift shud there be any turning motion forward and backwards with a loose clunk noise?

Also if u say cheap is sometimes not good then does that mean that the link below is too cheap?

Sorry link at the top now.

yea thats cheap shit mate :angry: a decent set of discs are around 100£ a pair, and decent pads from 30£ up

tcb are the place to go mate, thats a great price. oem/blueprint is about 40 quid each

Ok I shall leave the cheapo crapo ones :)

Yep seems the tripot boot is the same as a ford mondeo 52 plate haha I found out that wen I first got the car and my friend said hold on that one on ur car looks very much like the one on the mondeo front subframe outside and wola it fitted :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.