dent removel tool

wilo

bought this today to have a go at getting that small dent out of the side of the front off side wing.https://www.wilcodirect.co.uk/product/bodywork/suction-cup-pistol-grip

As you can see on the pic its in a place where the metal has contours so was wondering ...

do you think it will work ?

or could I do more damage to the wing using this tool .

just seeking advice before I try tomorrow :)

Edited by wilo

It depends how hard the rubber is as to whether or not it will cope with the contours. i would be interested to know how it works as I have a "door ding" in the middle of my door which bugs me every time i wash the car.

Edited by Ownleemee

Better to push it out from the other side I reckon. The suction cups are good for bigger dents I've found

already tried that last week and popped the paint right in the middle of the dent ...luckily its only a pin prick size bit of paint that popped off so stuck a bit of touch up pen in it .

If you're not careful, you'll pull it outwards, so it becomes a bump instead of a dent.

yeah that did cross my mind as im not the gentlest of people when it comes to things like this .

It depends how hard the rubber is as to whether or not it will cope with the contours. i would be interested to know how it works as I have a "door ding" in the middle of my door which bugs me every time i wash the car.

tbh im the only person who notices it but like you ..I see it every time its in my view so need it out ..ill let you know how effective it is if I do try it :)

Good luck. At the risk of sounding like an arse Paintless dent removal is an art and a serious skill, I've invested nearly 4k in training and tools and that would take around 1-2 hours to get it acceptable.

That area of the wing is tough too.

Good luck. At the risk of sounding like an arse Paintless dent removal is an art and a serious skill, I've invested nearly 4k in training and tools and that would take around 1-2 hours to get it acceptable.

That area of the wing is tough too.

no I appreciate the advice mate :) and glad you said that because I would of tried to get it out in one fell swoop never mind 1-2 hours lol.......so your trained in this yeah mmmm fancy a drive over to east yorks pal ;) ;) :D

Have a look at the dinks in car parks thread in the consumables for small dents and that there's tools there that have proved they work

just had a look but not sure what the glue gun is for ?? if that's a kit where you have to drill the panel its no good as my car has been re sprayed by a previous owner and cant get a colour match . having trouble at the moment trying to cover a scratch and the Toyota 040 looks cream compared to my paintwork

nope you stick a pads to the body work then pull them back with the tool and it pulls off the body work not damaging the paint work at all

and as said they do work have used them on a couple of cars now

Edited by carlasumm

Tried one of those things that stick to the car after you heat the bodywork with a hair dryer.

ended up on my arse when I pulled on it and it shot off.

Dent came out though.

sorry mate but i hada laugh at that, kut needs some padding them lmfao. Hairdrier is the answer,dint fancy pouring boiling water over her!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.