Great way to start a Monday morning.

Defiantly worth mentioning. Perhaps it a smash it and get it cheap scam? Maybe?! :shrug: get them to check out the guy and his vehicles he has access to for signs of ram damage.

This sounds very credible actually Matt I have heard of this before. Tell the police for sure.

Sorry to see this, I always dread this happening to mine cause I'm the same as you with high insurance :(

Are you sure you would be better paying it yourself rather than going through insurance? £400-600 is a lot. I would look into it as when I had to claim off my insurance company after I slid off a roundabout and hit a lamp post they asked me what happened and then said my full excess will be applicable cause it was my fault. I'm the same age as you and the claim of a full write off puts my insurance by around £70 for next year when I checked on Gocompare. I know claiming is the last thing you want and it affects insurance for the next 5 years but I'd still look into it in case they don't penalise you as much for not being your fault. If you do go down that route the only thing I'd be careful of is which body shop you take it to as insurance might advise somewhere like Arnold Clark who will try to rip you off.

I have facelift lights in good condition from my old Gen 7 and would be to pick the one you need up from home over the weekend and bring them up to Edinburgh to sell for a fair price by next week if you can't find any just let me know

No alex id rather pay the price rather than loose my 3 years of NCB and have my premiums go up. Lucky for me I always put some of which wage into a saving account so should be able to get it fixed some time this month hopefully if it passes its mot on monday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.