stage 2 cams vs Honda civic EP3

Jay_28

As per title;

Celica T sport with stage 2 cams vs Honda civic type R (EP3)....

Hmm civic has better gearbox and 200cc bigger engine, does civic have vsc, esc??

Who would win?? Thoughts/experiences/opinions appreciated

I won't lie I really like the ep3 it's gearbox being the strong point as opposed to the celicas notchy box, bushes and short shifter only help to a degree

Also vtec kicks in at 5,700rpm vs lift at 6,200rpm, plus vtec has bigger range than lift

Im thinking to go test drive an ep3

:glare:

I only had a little spin around the block in one, but its my GF's cousin basically that has it so Im going to go back for a longer drive. Just going to make sure I go there in the work van so I dont have mine for him to drive in return :lol:

I know a bit about them though and definately cant knock them mechanically from what Iv heard...which only leaves the looks and the Celica takes the gold there!

So your still thinking of leaving the Celica then I take it Jay?

Edited by JonSam50

I have driven a couple of them mate. They are very similar in acceleration to the 190 as it is pretty much the same system where vtec engages at the 6k mark. The chassis is excellent. Really good suspension as standard.

I like the looks of them aswell from all angles. I prefer the look of the celi though but if I was offered one for the right price and it hadn't been thrashed all it's life I would seriously consider it if I hadn't got my celica.

I went and test drove an ep3 before I test drove my gt and in all honesty I thought they were very even, if anything I almost preferred the ep because of it's gearbox. The main thing that put me off getting one was it seems like every tom dick and Harry has one.

I went to quite a large meet in Great Yarmouth Sunday and the only celicas there were mine and a silver 140. I couldn't count how many ep3's and ek's and the odd eg were there.

They're good cars, just too common for me

:glare:

I only had a little spin around the block in one, but its my GF's cousin basically that has it so Im going to go back for a longer drive. Just going to make sure I go there in the work van so I dont have mine for him to drive in return :lol:

I know a bit about them though and definately cant knock them mechanically from what Iv heard...which only leaves the looks and the Celica takes the gold there!

So your still thinking of leaving the Celica then I take it Jay?

Nah not leaving mate, spent to much time money and effort to depart these shores lol

But just wanna test drive one so I can say I've driven one and had the experience

However when the 2015 New type Type R is released which looks mighty impressive at 280bhp with turbo then yes I want one over the celica!!

If you ain't seen it get googling :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.