how do these work ?

Could well be a stupid question but sod it im asking anyway lol

My 20mm spacers turned up today and i notice the nuts provided dont sit flush or in the spacer ? So if i put them on like this the wheel will be sat on the 5 nuts not on the spacer (and ypu dont need to be a rocket scientist to work out that aint right?)

Ideas ? Lol

CAM00393_zpsqfahmf0n.jpg

Surely the nut should sit inside the spacer, no matter what wheels you're going to fit? The nuts I got with my Freakyparts spacers were just flat nuts, not tapered

Not all do but he does usually ask you to confirm the recesses are there and explains what will need to be done when fitting. As said, the nuts that are usually supplied with the spacers are flat faced on both sides and narrower than the nuts pictured, you'll need to use those nuts to hold the wheels on the spacers not the spacer to the hub.

Edited by princy

The designs for the hole in the spacer is usualy a flat bottomed hole to acomadate a standard nut which then sits just below the surface.

Looks like in this case the seller has aired on the safe side, as the spacer is only 20mm and put a taper in the hole for added strength at the bottom and used tapered nuts, trouble is without a good recess in your alloys your stuffed.

This is the exact problem we found when designing ours.

The slimmest you can go with our spacers/supplied nuts is 17mm. This gives enough meat in the spacer to secure it, and enough depth in the hole to fit the nut into.

Any smaller and the nut will sit proud.

the ones we sell will allow the wheels to sit flush without the nuts sitting proud, but you will still have the issue with the studs poking out of the face. If your wheels don't have gaps in the casting, your issue will be there. Only way around is to ground off the ends of the studs.

This is the exact problem we found when designing ours.

The slimmest you can go with our spacers/supplied nuts is 17mm. This gives enough meat in the spacer to secure it, and enough depth in the hole to fit the nut into.

Any smaller and the nut will sit proud.

the ones we sell will allow the wheels to sit flush without the nuts sitting proud, but you will still have the issue with the studs poking out of the face. If your wheels don't have gaps in the casting, your issue will be there. Only way around is to ground off the ends of the studs.

I dont mind taken the ends of the studs but id prefer not to take some off the nuts lol i‘ll pm you in abit about some replacements ;)

How much do you want? They would work fine with my alloys.

will pm you ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.