Buckled wheel :-(

matt1280

Went to get my front wheels balanced because the steering wheel was shaking at 70 and turns out the passenger side alloy is buckled!

I know exactly where and when this happened as well, bloody roads!!!!!

Anyway my question is if I swap it with the back passenger side wheel will I feel it as much? It doesn't feel great when cornering or changing lanes so thought I wouldn't feel it if it was on the back?

The bloke who refurbed my alloys said that buckles on the front can be felt at lower speeds than buckles at the back, but he also said that leaving a buckled wheel on the car will eventually cause suspension damage.

How bad is it? Can it be repaired? The buckle in one of mine cost me £50 to repair, which I accept is a lot of money but at least it is repaired.

Edited by Askari

Different wheel :-( it's the original alloy off the car,

I'll try it on the back then at least it will be better steering.

Shouldn't be too bad to get repaired buddy, just had my wheels done at pristine alloy wheels in Milton Keynes. They charge £50 a wheel but that includes removing the tire and balancing again so would be less if it's alloy only.

Alloy Weldcraft are also brilliant.

How bad is it? Can it be repaired? The buckle in one of mine cost me £50 to repair, which I accept is a lot of money but at least it is repaired.

where did you get it done - one of my rota's has a slight buckle i think

where did you get it done - one of my rota's has a slight buckle i think

Jason Addison at Addison Tyres in Princes End Tipton did the refurbishment for me, but I think he sent the buckled one to someone else for straightening. Did a good job, it was quite buckled but they straightened it and filled a couple of deep gouges.

(This isn't the set I had on the car before, it's another set I brought on Ebay to swap between summer and winter tyres).

Jason Addison at Addison Tyres in Princes End Tipton did the refurbishment for me, but I think he sent the buckled one to someone else for straightening. Did a good job, it was quite buckled but they straightened it and filled a couple of deep gouges.

(This isn't the set I had on the car before, it's another set I brought on Ebay to swap between summer and winter tyres).

Probably Alloy Weldcraft, they do the repairs for a lot of the big chains too.

http://www.alloyweldcraft.co.uk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.