Had my car keyed -_-

Mek

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really annoying that someone would do that to such a nice car. I have a Gen 7 in the same colour as yours and I scraped mine on my driveway gate quite badly once,.It was right down to the metal and I thought I'd never get it out. I tried T cut colour fast scratch remover for blue which I got from Asda for £5

http://direct.asda.com/T-Cut-Colour-Fast-Scratch-Remover--Blue/001023898,default,pd.html

I was shocked at how well it worked after rubbing it and leaving it then going back and doing it again a few times. Now you can't tell the paint was ever scraped (still has a slight dent though). My scrape was different to your keying but mine was definitely down to the metal and it fixed it so should work for yours too

This was mine before and after and oh, promise I'm not a salesman for T cut :D

post-41605-0-11188200-1378936480_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a monobrow, but thanks......

Haha what an odd point to make out.

I too wonder when I get scratches in places like that... I remember someone in a new (at the time) golf opening the door into my car whilst I was sat in it; who then proceeded to look at me, shrug his shoulders and walk off...

Edited by Damnation

thats looks like thats doen a great job , only trouble is i dare not touch tcut too often , did you get this just foir like a one off occasion ?

I don't usually use it but that T cut colorfast was specifically for removing scratches on dark blue paint and worked really well for a fiver from Asda. The paint on the panel where my scrape was is flawless now apart from along the edge of the door on the inside as it doesn't seem to work or maybe requires more rubbing on surface edges

I have only had my baby rav4 for 2 months and some idiot bar steward has drawn their piece of sh*t along my back bumper.......not amused, but managed to t cut and polish out most of it....

If that had been my tsport, i gaurantee you lot down south would have heard me screeming from here.

If it was a yob, that keyed your pride an joy, then someday i pray it happens to them.....then they may realise how much it hurts.....

I always say.......punch my face....you get away with it........touch my cars......PHONE AN AMBULANCE, cos you would need it.

I always fear for the day it might happen to Aristotle. I would like to think that something worse might befall them. If it was malicious then what goes around comes around. I'm always really careful when moving inbetween cars as I wouldn't want anyone to scrape my car.

I tend to be picky when I can with my parking choices as I can't rely on people to be considerate. I think it is possible to draw some conclusions by the choice and state of other cars, if you pick wisely it might be worthwhile. Paranoid or what!

• 3 weeks later...

I had a modified Primera Estate which won best of it's shape on the club stand at JAE (Japanese Auto Extravaganza) 2012. On the Sunday morning it had a 12" key scratch down to the metal. I mean, a show surrounded by petrol heads...of all the places to get your car keyed.

I'm gonna have a crack at trying to polish them to reduce the visibility somewhat....what's gonna be the best product to use? Only needs to be a short ish term fix as I'll get it in to a spray shop before Christmas hopefully...ideas? I have meguiars ultimate compound and the polish they do, will these do the trick or should I look to something else?

Might try some of that blue scratch remover mentioned above to see if that helps

Bad times, my Gen 6 was keyed on every panel apart from the roof years ago. Eventually found out who the culprit was. Didn't get any £ back but stamping on his head made me feel a lil better. It's cowards who do this sort of thing. Hope it's sorted soon for ya bud.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.