Just scared myself sh1tless

The drive into work this morning was not as scary as last nights drive home and I have no clunking noises from the front suspension as I had before (probably the caliper was making the noise all along) but one thing I did notice was a lot of wheel vibration. I've proably knocked a balance weight off the wheel, this made the drive uncomfortable at anything above 60mph.

Mind you the wheels are long overdue for a change as it is not really worth refurbishing them. (too many scrapes & pot holes) and I fancy going black rather than silver. So off to check with the head of the financial dept. of Household Monkey. (she will probably say no :( ).

On the way to work yesterday it felt like the car had turned into washing machine on full spin with a full load in it. The caliper incident had ripped off all the wheel balance weights. :wacko:

got wheel balanced yesterday evening and all is back to norm now :D

glad no real harm was done mate!

I had a similar episode with the driveshaft on my st182- one morning it felt a little "clunkier" and "grindier" (don't look those up dubs) than usual, but not bad so carried on to work. on the way home it was the same but certainly no worse, but carried on gingerly none the less- until some idiot cut me up in a CRX and tried to leave me behind, so I proved he couldn't. then- as I pulled on my driveway, a massive clank over the hump over the pavement and the car made a grinding noise terribly as I came to a stop.

broken driveshaft

lucky, I should coco. the only thing for those last 2 yards holding the wheel / hub on was the brake caliper / carrier.

also don't beat yourself up about the bolt coming loose, it happens. my mechanic bollocked me a few years back for not fully torqueing both pinch bolts on my yaris after changing the shocks- but I had, with my trusty wrench.

as a few have said on here its always best to check after a good few miles bedding in period, but lets face it, we don't all do it every time!

glad all is ok now mate and its only cost you a wheel balance and change of underpants :thumbs:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.