fault code readers

TSport not quite as smooth and snappy off the line as I would like. Would have said start with maf sensor clean but that was (supposedly) done last time the car was in dry dock to no avail. So thought I would buy an fcr.

I would like one that covers sons 2001 mx5 and 2000 Mitzy FTO GX import. Do you know of one that will do the 3? I suspect the FTO may be an issue so will post on their site too. See if answers coincide. Cheers.

Edited by daytona

Any ODB2 reader should do, though might double check whether 2001 MX5s support it but I would have thought they did.

The FTO readers are referred to as Muts 1 11 & 111 apparently sons fell between mut 1 and mut 11 so I will prob forget that as it's my car that misses a beat.

More likely to get one that works on mx5 as it is newer and common, oh so common. Anyway that would be just a bonus. The boys are big enough to wipe their own behinds now.

is the light on, on the t-sport, if not most code readers wont tell you anything unless its a pending code (doesnt stay pending for long)

errrr what light? So I guess that means no. It just misses a beat when pulling away and pinks a bit at v low revs. Its had new oil and K&N panel filter as soon as I got it but may be the plugs as I haven't touched them yet. Due for 60k mile service in just over 1000 so starting to collect the bits. Irridium plugs the best? Make? Edited by daytona

so thats the second one in from top left?

Oh thats great. Photos now playing up. Have a pick of dials in my gallery for such reference purposes. Wont copy accross, browser wont find it.

well it's found it but now wont post.

Oh what fun we had, Baggy trousers.

Too big to upload? Oh ok Computer wins.

You will have to look in gallery, sorry.

Edited by daytona

Yup, thought so, &....

Yeah, I think so too. Whats your call on plugs ams?

#how much is a new maf and would you replace it at 60, to be sure?

Edited by daytona

try and clean first - they dont die often - but recently have been seeing a lot of broken ones - but the cars are getting old now.

plugs - ngk for me every time, else denso, never bosch

try and clean first - they dont die often - but recently have been seeing a lot of broken ones - but the cars are getting old now.

would those be the irridium ones?

+1 for this, A few years ago I put some Bosch super 4's in my old Corsa, a month later driving up Halden hill on the A38 I lost all power, limped home to find all the contacts had completely disintegrated on one of the plugs :angry:

+1 for this, A few years ago I put some Bosch super 4's in my old Corsa, a month later driving up Halden hill on the A38 I lost all power, limped home to find all the contacts had completely disintegrated on one of the plugs :angry:

My fave hill!!!!!!! Had a rover 216gti die due to duff electrics at the bottom of it.

More exciting was riding by recently purchased (25 years ago!)Susuki GS1000 towards Splatford split where it divides into 4 lanes 2 to Plymouth 2 to Torquay an the idiot in the inside lane realises somewhat late he should be in lane 3 for Plymouth and was innnnches from taking me out. Grrrrr drop 3 cogs and max twist.........bang bang..........oops. Would have been ok had I been in 5th but was in 4th. It crawled to the top of the hill and died. I put it in the hedge and hitched a lift. Rang the boys in blue to explain its presence to be asked "Normally ride it with no front brakes do you?" er no. It had them when I left it an hour ago. "Got none now sir!"

Yeah. I really love that hill :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.