RIP Gail.

With regards to the title, the Mrs aptly named my baby, Gail Platt - on the account of being a total sexy bitch. I'm not seeing it tbh. :P

Anyways! I listed my pride and joy on Ebay a couple of days ago, and I met lovely lady called Ester (Who called herself Polly, as in polyester, lmao!) and her husband Stephen. They dropped by last night, and looked over my one true love, and I think - fell in love with her a little themselves. :)

At about 6:15pm, Stephen - the new owner of my very much cared for Celica drove away and I swear to god - a little tear touched the sides!

I was slightly miffed as I wanted to give her one final wash, wax and polish before she went, sort of like - a goodbye rub, lmao, but I'm SO glad she's gone to someone who will look after her. I was dreading someone coming - 18, not bothered about the car - just want's something with some poke, and eventually, I'd see a smashed up Celica on Ebay being sold as spares of repairs and to my dismay - it's got my reg plate on it. SO - I'm super happy that she's gone to a good home.

I WAS in the market for a FAFF, but I'm not certain I can afford one just yet - so I'm focusing on looking at some decent 190's - I'm about a grand short of a nice, well looked after GT4. There's a nice 190 in Wigan, exactly the same as my 140, except for the CD Player and the Engine, which is all good - but the lift bolts will need changing as they've not been done, so that's a new experience! There's no modifications to the car except a private plate (apparently worth 500 quid) and it looks in generally good condition - but the wife will run me over there this after.

I have to say though, I'm more interested in the prefacelift thunder grey one I saw in Derbyshire, but the seller says there's a slight rust bubble occurring on the driver side rear arch, which I can't see from the pictures - if I buy that one (which I'd prefer, I DO want a Tgrey one) - is the rusting an easy fix? How much would it cost, roughly, if it were say, the side of a banana around the arch? (Worst case I think!)

Thunder Grey one is a 2001 Y reg and has covered 111k, the lagoon blue one is a 2002 reg and has covered 117k, but look in immaculate condition inside and out from the pictures - other than few stone chips and the apparent rust on the TGrey one. Here's some pictures;

$(KGrHqN,!qsFF7v)C6DHBRnTCnF0jQ~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16F,!)sE9swm(temBRnTC01C0w~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqUOKo4FFyCCYvgFBRk9O)jcMg~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16VHJIQE9qUHtHcwBRk9PrQZOg~~60_12.JPG

The blue one is 2hrs drive away, they Tgrey one is about half an hour away.

Thoughts? :)

The grey one B)

Dont compromise on the colour you really want, even if this one turns out to be not right for you wait until another comes along. I dont know about the rust on the wheel arch but sure its not a biggy

If you dont get it and take the blue one sods law will arrange an exact what you want to turn up the following week after you've spent your money , happened to me a few times :angry:

Grrrrr yeah I agree... I really like the Thunder Grey one above, it's got lovely interior, looks spotless, the ONLY bad parts the guy said are the few stonechips to front - every car has them, and my 140 had a fair few so if it's any less than that - bonus! And the rust bubble... I'm SURE you can just sand it away, get a bit of filler on it and paint it up? Something like that! I wonder if my local bodyshop can touch it up for cheap enough. It's 500 quid under my budget so I'd have 500 to buy a better CD player (As it'll come with stock one, not the dvd one that's in it already) and maybe spend 300 quid on the rust bubble. Dunno! :/ DOES look mint other than that though.

The grey one does only have a short mot :( I dont know what 190's go for but that and he mentions hasnt had to spend any money on it would flag up it may well need a bit spent to get it through, brakes sorting probably for one thing, but i'm guessing

I'll have a good once over on it today, think we'll pop down to have a look and I'll take it for a drive. I'm winning the auction at £1220 at the minute, so that'll leave me about £600 to spend on it, without going over what I sold mine for. ;) Then I'll probably pop over to Wigan (1hr 50m drive in a 1.2 brand new swift should be interesting, >_>) and have a look at the lagoon blue one. I DO love the Thunder Grey one though, hope it's okay.

Also, had a look at that GT4 linked above... 2700 is out of my price range now thanks to council tax and a £580 gas bill. :(

If there's rust in one place, there's likely to be rust in another. Have a bloody good look for any other places. Bring a torch and inspect the underneath the car like your wallet depends on it.

Urgh, still gonna be heart wrenching to find another Celica that looks as good as this; (Which reminds me, I'm gonna need the rear windows 80% tinting again. EVERYONE should do that to their Celica, sets it off right well. :P

3d586f92c52d11e285fc22000a1f96be_7.jpg

61baa238c52d11e28ed122000a9f1311_7.jpg

I totally agree with you Arizona, the grey one does look REALLY well, and with a private plate, rear tints and facelift front end, it'll REALLY set it off nice! :D

Haha I went 140-190-GT4

Steady progression. Well I say that but the Faff is a massive jump up from the 190 for me :lol:

I would have come with you to view but my weekends are packed solid for the next two weeks :(

155k miles seems a heck of a lot, and over the average for this year of car; but what do we think? D:

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303145776319/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/price-to/2000/model/celica/make/toyota/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/s668sf/radius/200/page/2?logcode=p

Ahh it's okay Darryl, I know exactly what to look for now as I've read damn near everything on these forums of issues and stuff to go wrong! Lmao! I do think the best thing for me is 140 > 190 > FAFF too, I'm in love with FAFF's, but I think jumping up ~110bhp is dangerous, I have a Chronic Brickfoot Syndrome as it is. :P HAHAHA!

Hahaha, you might be right there Guy (nice name btw! LOL!)

I text the dealership with the thunder grey 162k and said I'd drive down and have it today (providing everything checks out) if he takes 1200 for it, considering the mileage. I wouldn't be keeping it for the full cycle of an insurance policy anyway - as I'm job hunting and the bracket of pay I'm looking at, I'll be able to go out and buy a nice FAFF on the first month's wage, lol.

Also made an offer on this of 1950; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390590462296&ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:GB:1123 - least favourite colour though, but it looks well looked after with low mileage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.