best tyre pressure?

I kept mine to 32 all round but on Motorways I up it to 34 psi when alone or + one passenger...

Think it's better to have higher psi to the front due to engine weight than the rear... That bullock put too much at your rear tyres... must be horrible to drive that...

The wrong tyre pressure can be deadly, as a girl in my town found out about 6 years ago. She didn't know what she was doing at the self air pressure sections of a petrol station. They reckoned she put something like 90psi into her tyre. Then 8 miles later it blew and she crashed on the motorway, dying instantly :(

The wrong tyre pressure can be deadly, as a girl in my town found out about 6 years ago. She didn't know what she was doing at the self air pressure sections of a petrol station. They reckoned she put something like 90psi into her tyre. Then 8 miles later it blew and she crashed on the motorway, dying instantly :(

:o My face right now.

It's easy to overlook how dangerous these things can be, but they should never be able to go to a pressure that high!

Ok I didn't realise he had put 40psi in, i only just noticed today when I checked the pressure at my local garage

Now all fours are at 32psi

40psi is still within the limit of most tyres Mate so there's nothing wrong with that, You'll just have a horrible ride and I think less grip since Tyres is really hard...

I know and I shoulf no better bein a mechanic the gen 6 however is 32psi bang on checked weekly. But the corsa cost me fifty quid and got me back on the road after loosing my first celica never had a problem tho at 45psi also didnt help the bottom ball joints where seizing and thw top mount bearing had collapsed so that was the main reason for upping the pressure. Didnt want to put any money into the car leaked oil like crazy and leaked coolant till I put a couple of eggs in there lol sealed the rad up a treat tho.

Edited by redtoycelica

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.