Does anyone service their car at Toyota?

As per the title- does anyone service their car at Toyota? With all the modifications I've done it would seem useless. Your paying £150 for an oil change I reckon!

Where else do people go? Any good mod friendly garages in Scotland? I take it the best thing to do is go through the Toyota service manual and see what they would do? My cars on 40k miles now and I was wondering what needs done? It's. 2006 GT

Thanks

Edited by Gstraw

Since I have been out of warranty now for three years I go to a friend who has a one man garage. He does all my Celica work and just follows Mr. T's service information sheets which are readily available. I buy all my oil, filters etc for him to use. Last one he did was my 60k which coincided with my Annual MOT. He also prepares the car for MOT and takes it to the Test station for me. He only charges me £25 per hour so I'm happy with that. My local Mr. T is £65 + VAT per hour.

As per the title- does anyone service their car at Toyota? With all the kids I've done it would seem useless. Your paying £150 for an oil change I reckon!

Where else do people go? Any good mod friendly garages in Scotland? I take it the best thing to do is go through the Toyota service manual and see what they would do? My cars on 40k miles now and I was wondering what needs done? It's. 2006 GT

Thanks

What now? :huh: That's an epic auto correction fella!

Haha. Not comfortable servicing it yourself matey? I can't think of many serviceable jobs that aren't easy to medium difficulty.

I service mine myself and keep all the reciepts. The amount of mods on my car Im never gonna get top dollar for it so no point have a dealer service history.

Wouldn't even consider it mate. Linwood toyota quoted me over a grand to supply and fit a fuel tank so they can bugger off if they think I'll ever let them near mine.

I change my oil myself and am planning on learning to do everything else myself e.g change brake fluid and coolant etc. I drive an oil burner though so I kinda had to do it myself

lol! oh dear that was an epic auto correction fail! I mean with all the modofications, it would be useless. For example it says top of brake fluid and gear box oil, However ive upgraded them so I really dont fancy some Dot4 brake fluid mised in with my Dot 5.1!

Grey Racer, your place would seem interesting. I can probably do most things myself like brake fluid, gearbox oil, engine oil but its the replacement of belts etc that i wouldnt know how to do so thought I would ask what places people use.

cheers

lol! oh dear that was an epic auto correction fail! I mean with all the modofications, it would be useless. For example it says top of brake fluid and gear box oil, However ive upgraded them so I really dont fancy some Dot4 brake fluid mised in with my Dot 5.1!

Grey Racer, your place would seem interesting. I can probably do most things myself like brake fluid, gearbox oil, engine oil but its the replacement of belts etc that i wouldnt know how to do so thought I would ask what places people use.

cheers

Only one belt mate, the aux. Don't forget the 2zz is chain driven, so no cambelt change to faff with ;)

Usually use Kwik fit as I have known the manager a while for basic service only then colleauges hubby has a garage and seems to know what he's about. Theoretically 45 an hour but happy to do a cash deal, take delivery of parts etc etc

I use my local one man garage,serviced my cars for the last 5 years and does a good job. Uses all Toyota parts and does everything to spec,normal service +MOT comes to £175 and stamps the book.

If I had a big expensive car I would, infact no I wouldn't.. even the GTR boys don't go to Nissan with their brand new GTr's (still in warranty!) they use the likes of SVM etc.

I didn't even GET a service book with my DC5, so will I feck be going to Honda! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got my 60K major service done at Toyota. I dont recall it being be particularly cheap but as it was it's firsdt in my ownership and hadnt seen a Dealership garage (Or one that I knew to be good) in a long while I don't mind paying for the extra peace of mind you get with a stealership following the correct schedule etc.

As for the minor I agree it's pretty much looks to be a very pricey oil change with some half assed visual inspections. That one i think i'll claim for myself and save a few quid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.