Number Plates

Couple of questions,

What's the legalities of the position of the front plate? Does a side plate look silly on a Gen 7? Anyone have an example if legal?

Also, whats the best way to get the plate to bend around the front bumper because at the moment mine is on straight and not flush with the bumper? Screws (if so how many, 4?), or pads?

Lastly, did the Celica's come with a surround as standard? Previous owner put a nasty corroded chrome surround on and want it off and most pictures i see of Celica's have a black surround on.

I took my black surround off, got a new number plate then drilled fixing holes through it that corresponded with the surround fixing holes, couple of sticky pads at either end of the plate keeps it in place on bumper.

the front plate is supposed to have a bracket so it can sit flat while the bracket follows the curves.

On my T-Sport the brakcet was removed and plate just screwed in with a self-tapper at each end so it follows the curve. No probs there...

I think side-mounted plates look pretty lame on the celica to be honest

rear plate was a 12x6 import stuck on with adhesive strips i think.... or might have been the 2 standard screws.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.