Help needed re valuation

Hi there

I was just wondering if some of you peeps in the know could give me a rough idea about valuing my car for sale. It is a celica 140 vvti, I have owned it for nearly three years. It has got just over 86k on the clock and has full service history up to 86k. It has been used only as a second car and has been garaged for the nearly three years that I have owned it. The owner that had it prior to me had it for 8 years. The reason that I am selling it is that I have loved having it that much I went out a bought the last of the line 56 plate GT. it is in outstanding condition throughout, and has had the upgraded t sport interior that is in near brand new condition and is the best I have ever seen. Never been smoked in and has just had all the discs and pads done all round plus two new rear callipers.the only let down is the very small area of corrosion on two of the alloy wheels near the centre caps. It is in full working order inside and out, and the reason I am posting this is just to get a rough idea of the cars worth.

Thanks in advance

Totally unmodified dynamic and premium (Kev will correct if I'm wrong :lol: ) pack 88k on a preface. Probably about £1200 - 1500 mate unfortunately.

The oil burning problems kinda out people off. Sorry if that sounds harsh as it looks in great nick.

Edited by Cravo

Are the t-sport seats worth much? Get them out and get some OEM ones in.

For a 140 with 86k you're looking at around £2k I'd say? I'm trying to sell mine and although it has 122k, it's got a shit load more history and mods, and I'm struggling to push £1k!

I think selling the interior and alloys would get you more as you can pick up some prefacelift interior for £100 and some standard alloys for £50. Sell your interior for £200 or so and the alloys for about the same and the car can probably go for about £1200 in that condition.

Oh it's a preface, yea I'd drop a few £100 off my guess but it really is a buys market at the minute (all 3 of us in this topic right now are 'trying' to sell ours...).

Luckily all our cars fit into completely different price ranges and brackets which is kinda nice (OEM pre v modded 140 v modded TS)

Edited by LiamGTR

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your comments and the figures you have given are around what I was thinking. That is a bit of a bummer really coz the brakes cost me £400 or there abouts to get replaced but as the car is really outstanding I didn't even bat an eyelid at the cost of replacement brakes. With regards to the oil burning I did know about that before I bought it but as I have friends who have 140 celicas with around 170k on the clock each I wasn't to worried about that either as I figure if they have been looked after well it shouldn't be to much of an issue. I guess maybe to recoup some cost I could use the 140 as my daily runner and keep the GT for special occasions as that was what it was destined for anyway lol. The interior of the 140 is immaculate so could probably do an exchange and buy on it. The car that they came out of had only done 17k and could probably do the same with the wheels as well. If any of you guys know of anyone who may be interested in wheels or interior point em this way lol :-)

Definitely don't keep a 140 AND a GT, pointless. The GT is more than capable of being a daily driver.

Although YOU and your friends understand the engine and oil burning etc. etc. prospective buyers don't see your side of it, unfortunately.

I just sold my red 140 premium (I think leather sunroof climate) for £1150 - had 94k on it and was clean - but not as clean as yours looks, think with the wheels and interior probably around £1400 - £1500

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your comments and the figures you have given are around what I was thinking. That is a bit of a bummer really coz the brakes cost me £400 or there abouts to get replaced but as the car is really outstanding I didn't even bat an eyelid at the cost of replacement brakes. With regards to the oil burning I did know about that before I bought it but as I have friends who have 140 celicas with around 170k on the clock each I wasn't to worried about that either as I figure if they have been looked after well it shouldn't be to much of an issue. I guess maybe to recoup some cost I could use the 140 as my daily runner and keep the GT for special occasions as that was what it was destined for anyway lol. The interior of the 140 is immaculate so could probably do an exchange and buy on it. The car that they came out of had only done 17k and could probably do the same with the wheels as well. If any of you guys know of anyone who may be interested in wheels or interior point em this way lol :-)

Was that £400 just for the rear calipers and fitting? If so I think you need to check some other places for the brake parts and fitting... Not trying to take this off topic but just a bit of advice. Check out brakeparts.co.uk :)

Ahh well, car all sold now, was on Gumtree for three days and first to see bought her. Was asking for £1750 and got £1700 so well chuffed, bit upset to see her go tho but at least I still have the gen 7 GT. does anyone know where I can get a cheap runabout car in Norfolk/Cambs needs to have long MOT. Would love to have another Gen 4 celica!!!!! Not that it will happen lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.