celica spacers - why are they so expensive?

ams

Been looking around and most celica spacers around 20mm seem to be £60 upwards, can find the equivalent part for a VW (without the extended studs - arund £12 for 10 I think) for around £30 - the only difference being the centre bore.

Makes me want to contact a manufacturer and get a group buy going but finding the time is an issue

5 studVW wheels fit a celica, so do a bit of homework and you may strike a bargain.

As with most things. popularity can dictate aftermarket prices, which is why you can buy bolt ons for a civic for the price of a fish supper...

research can provide bargains, but can also bring heartbreak

If You go for VW spacers, You will need 2 things... Correct spigot and a longer wheel stud to fit a slot on hubcentric spacers... I don't know why ours is very expensive... Maybe because the setting of our wheels in the wheel arch is tremendously awful and given the looks of our cars being sporty. But bolts on will only need a spigot which will be cheap as chips.

a spigot which will be cheap as chips.

Unless, you're needing spigot rings that only reduce by a couple of mm.

I was looking for some of these type of rings for my my MR-S (1.6mm if memory serves) a while back & all I could find in the correct size were made to order aluminium ones for around £35 + p&p a set! :o

I ended up making my own. :D

Edited by Adex

Where are you looking for that price? Just done a quick google and they're anywhere between £55-89 for some VW 20mm spacers.

Ours might be a little more expensive than some, but they're not off the shelf. They're all custom made from a decent grade aluminium. It means you can have exactly what you want rather than what the supplier has in stock at the time. :)

If you look at the time it takes to make a set, maybe an hour for 4 bolt on spacers, a skilled engineer charges anything from £30-50/h, plus the material costs there's not a lot of markup in there.

Edited by FreakyParts

Freaky - this is not a dig at you - I understand you are making custom one off stuff - which is always going to be more expensive and you provide a service that without, a lot of member would be stuck. I think the main reason for the price is no one is mass producing / importing them over here.

This is what Im talking about:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Hubcentric-20mm-wheel-spacers-with-Longer-Studs-5-stud-5x100-56-1-/370554303843?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5646c1f563

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Hubcentric-20mm-wheel-spacers-5-stud-x2-5x100-56-1-Impreza-STI-/300743685731?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4605b87663

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.