Curborough Sprint opinion

I have been there, i took my MX5 (not got it anymore). Its a small track so may not suit really high powered cars or people that want high speed, but you can change the route you take as it is a kind "B" shape if i remember right. You are only allowed one car at a time and i dont think you are meant to officially time your laps. When i went it was about £300 for the day and that was split between up to 10 cars i think, but that was 6 or 7 years ago. Got some pictures somewhere... I had ago in a couple of nice cars too, Lotus Elise being the best one. Was a really good day out!

curborough is ok you dont get massive speed up on the track and its fine for a gt4 done it just the once but had a cracking day there with other gt4's

there is one section that they tend to close off which is a longer straightish section they do this so that you dont have the opportunity to get too much speed up and trash your car

theres enough run off to avoid crunching your car into anything but as its your first outing id suspect you wont be pushing it massively at the start anyway

just take it steady and learn

Another Club I'm involved with, hires Curborough every year, we were last there one Saturday in September, at £45 per car.

There's a right jobsworth :rolleyes: checking noise levels on the cars, but he disappears once he's finished, so the cars that have failed the test still take part :P

I'd say no for a 1st time track day mate, id feel very intimedated by the very rough terrain off the Tarmac but that's just be :) I'd do a proper track mate with plenty of run off and a wide road etc as if you do get a bit ambitious your not gonna get stuck in a ditch :)

I did my 1st track days this year at Snetterton and Blyton Park and I really enjoyed both :)

For me I wanna enjoy the day and know that if I do get it a bit wrong I'm not gonna end up in a barrier or on the roof. I always look for tracks which ain't too tight and have plenty of run off. From chatting to a few people and YouTube vids I'd go for the following...

Blyton

Woodbridge (airfield so they just layout a track, not sure I'd fancy it myself but it meant to be great for a 1st go, when ever I look at the vids on YouTube I can never work out where the bloody track meant to go lol)

Snetterton.

Donnington

Croft.

Rockingham ( few peeps say its a engine blower tho)

would you say it's ok for a beginner? I was thinking I should go to an air field first time so if I spin out I only spin in tarmac.

I would say it was good for a beginner as it is small and lowish speed mostly, i learnt how to hit the apexs and drive smoother. The only quick bit was the end of the straight we were at end of 3rd gear and maybe a bit into 4th before we had to brake at the end, we were all in completely different cars, but we were more or less evenly matched except for Lotus Elise and Exige which were a fair bit quicker. We did a kind of 1 and 1/2 lap track where on the first lap you would brake and turn hard right halfway down the straight and do the twisty bit again and then second time around you do the full straight down hill and safely brake at the bottom where the next car is waiting to go. I had never done a track day before so it was my first one and i found it good. I put 2 wheels on the grass a few times but no harm done (smooth bit). There were a couple of very keen drivers who were over doing it and were all over the place, one went right off and came back on again slowly and carried on fine no damage, your not really going that fast. I suppose it depends where you come off or if the track is wet, it was perfectly dry when we went. The ground around the track was all grass and was uneven and really bumpy in places. I would say if you were experienced in track days or had really high powered cars you would probably want a bigger faster track.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.