Nankang NS2 Tyres

nankang_ns2.jpg

Nankang NS2 - 205/50/16.

Just a quick question as I don't know much about tyres. These tyres are £43.95 a tyre, have the rim protection edge on the side wall, and have a V speed rating (150mph) keeping in mind that my 140bhp celica wouldn't go near that speed. I don't take my car to the track, I do motorway journeys every day to work, I drive reasonably but I do take it for the occasional enthusiastic weekend drive.

I'm wondering why these tyres wouldn't be a good idea? They're cheap for what they are, and they even look fantastic. For what I've said above, is there any reason not to get these tyres? They seem like a bargain to me.

Thanks!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last forever, almost no wear on the ones i had in nearly 10k flip side is braking distance is huge and grip in the wet doesn't exist

I had to do an emergency stop with these and thought I was going to die

Ouch, that bad? :/

dangerous, the cheapest tyres i would look at are the falkens, about £20 more per tyre but you cant put a price on safety :thumbs:

nakangs, maxxis and nexxen etc are all dangerous

I bought a set of superturismos of a member on here recently because he crashed his gen 6, I told him the moment i turned up that the reason for his slide was the maxxis and nakang tyres on his car

last forever, almost no wear on the ones i had in nearly 10k flip side is braking distance is huge and grip in the wet doesn't exist

I had to do an emergency stop with these and thought I was going to die

Yep, long lasting tyres are long lasting for a reason, they are made of cheap hard compound rubber, for grip you want softer compound rubber

And i know the number one thing i look for in tyres is how well they grip as that is the only thing holding my car on the black stuff, all those other things the OP mentioned are secondary IMO

Although saying that i really don't get these new ratings (A-F), especially the Economy (Rolling resistance) one, surely it should be the other way round and be called Grip

The last tyres i bought were rated Economy E, that equals grip in my book :D

Edited by rpsmith79

yeah Rich thats the ones i was meaning :P I had the older version of that tyre and they where just as good as the £180 continentals ;)

On www.camskill.net, those are £60 per corner. That's not a bad price at all.

So the verdict is that these Nankangs aren't recommended?

only time to fit a nakang is if you have to sell a car and need a cheap tyre :D

Just bought 4 Falken Ze-914s myself, like mentioned, Eff E Wet Brake B, thought wet braking was a priority in these times! Got them on blackcircles, so £85 fitted each, ah well :) Still didn't seem to much to me.

Seem good though, better than my mix of 4 different cheap as chips budget tyres, especially with the wheel alignment finally after changing my lowering springs! big difference.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.