differences between gen7 and gen 6 hubs and swing arms

myitshot

gen 6 hubs and gen 7 hubs in that are there any differences between the gen 6 whether its off a 1.8l or 2.0l version and the sge and afe

cant speak for the gen 7 but gen 6 mac hubs are all the same regardless of engine as are the outer CV's, gen 6 superstrut hubs are all the same regardless of SSiii or GT4 (some say the GT4 hub is different but i have yet to see someone prove that)

I have a gen 6 subframe spare just now so will see if i can find some scrap gen 7 wishbones and have a play. going to my lockup tomorrow so will get some sizes for the gen 6 wishbones. the dimensions you mentioned above is what i had in my head too

Gen 7 mac hubs are the same - only difference is the size of the dust shield for the brake disk size.

The SS subframe and mac frame look very similar but you can't fit a wishbone on a SS subframe. I suspect it will be the same between 6/7 close but not quite - only way you are going to find out for sure is to try, it's something I'm sure nix would have helped out with in the past - (anyone who reads that last bit please dont let it go off topic) .

The mr2 mk1 one guys are buying 6 speed g7 boxes and doing a bell housing swap, not read up on it but apparently it's fairly straight forward, no idea if it will work with the 3s-ge box but guessing the mr2 boys would have tried it by now.

Gen 7 mac hubs are the same - only difference is the size of the dust shield for the brake disk size.

The SS subframe and mac frame look very similar but you can't fit a wishbone on a SS subframe. I suspect it will be the same between 6/7 close but not quite - only way you are going to find out for sure is to try, it's something I'm sure nix would have helped out with in the past - (anyone who reads that last bit please dont let it go off topic) .

The mr2 mk1 one guys are buying 6 speed g7 boxes and doing a bell housing swap, not read up on it but apparently it's fairly straight forward, no idea if it will work with the 3s-ge box but guessing the mr2 boys would have tried it by now.

hmmmm thats a bugger as i understand it the subframe for the gen6 superstrut takes the gen6 macphearson swingarm easily and lines up

must be that thing where when they made the gen7 super strut they made mild changes so as not to intercahnge between the gen6 and gen7 super strut

i would suspect if the mr2 have fitted it without issue then the celica will be just as easy same engine after all just that its in the front of the car instead of the rear

i would suspect if the mr2 have fitted it without issue then the celica will be just as easy same engine after all just that its in the front of the car instead of the rear

The gearbox swap is for the earlier 4a-ge mk1 rather than the 3s-ge mk2

I have thought about seeing if gen 7 internals fit inside the gen 6 box as the box'es look identical in size and shape

took some measuremeants today

picture is to help work out what im talking about :P

DSC_0442.jpg

the distance from each end where the bushes are located = 390mm

distance from edge of balljoint mount point to end of bush = 370mm

diagonal point from balljoint to large bush = 530mm

distance from drop link to small bush = 230mm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.