St185 (but any) brake question

digs

Hi, quick question, got some front st185 brakes to fit to my car, only have 3 off those brake pad clips things , what are they actually called so I can buy some?

Cheers :)

Edited by digs

Hi,

Clip things? Well, going off that you only have three, they could be-

1. Pad support plates ( the pad lugs slot into these on caliper)

2. Anti squeal springs (fit into the small holes on pads to separate them)

3. Anti squeal shims (fit over pad back, nearly same shape of pad)

Hope that helps in any way!

Scott

Edited by thermoacc

Hi,

Clip things? Well, going of that you only have three, they could be-

1. Pad support plates/clips ( the pad lugs slot into these on caliper)

2. Anti squeal springs (fit into the small holes on pads to separate them)

3. Anti squeal shims (fit over pad back, nearly same shape of pad)

Hope that helps in any way!

Scott

It does, I have none of 3, think I have all of 1 (the clips you push them into) and 3 of what i guess are number 2!

Thanks, great help :)

Edited by digs

I got a superb brake fitting kit for the 185 sent through the other day, Adex commented on how it was far superior quality to the original fitted when new - i'll look it up tomorrow and post details up :)

When i was ringing round, had problems with what the individual bits were called, eg the anti squeal springs which are def called that in the manual but when i asked each time was only offered shims and not springs and they didnt know what they were , i said they are called that in the Toyota manual i'm looking at the exploded diagram with it written on

oh Toyota are good at that, they call things different to others

anyway, i think it was brakesinternational but i'll look out the invoice in the morning

Edited by arizona

Had a quick look this morning and its not in the car folder which is odd, i cant see it anywhere else so am assuming it is in the car - which Adex has a the moment. But am pretty certain it was Brakes International that i phoned as the only other one i was dealing with brake part bits was TCB and it wasnt from them.

Not cheap though :o about £18 but everything you needing and more so i found it was less hassle as i was running up against blanks trying to source individual bits of it. Ade said was so impressed with it next time he does the faff brakes will be purchasing for his

Edited by arizona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.