What OBD2 Wifi and iPhone App Are You Using?

Gstraw

Hey

I was wanting a wifi obd2 transmitter but found that they were quite expensive (around £50 off ebay) so decided against it. Since though, they have come down in price quite a bit and are around £25 which aint bad considering a normal hand held unit is approx £17. Now im assuming you can check and delete EML codes from the phone apps right?

So, what wifi transmitters do people have, and what app are you using? (ive heard or Rev for iphone but wondering if there are others?) im aware that android users can use a bluetooth transmiter and an app called 'torque' but thats not compatible with iphone so this is an iPhone only thread ;)

furthermore, once the wifi connector is plugged in, can laptops also connect to the cars new wifi and obtain data? if so what apps do I need?

thanks in advance! any links you can post would be much appreciated and we can perhaps eventually make this thread a sticky for other users considering the same route

Thanks for the replies Guys

Hmm, I wonder if the cheaper wifi transmitter from eBay would also give the full range of data with the dash commander app. Anyone tried this combo?

Do you guys find it useful or is it just more of a gimmick that you get over pretty quickly?

Hey iv also got dash command when i bought the app it was £30!! But its well worth it the wifi reader will connect to what ever app u chose to buy but i personally recommend using the dash command :) so much to play with on it and its a pretty quick app

Guest Ambermile

What's wrong with the bluetooth readers? About a tenner on average - why go to expense of wifi if you're using your phone to read them? Hell, with a bt dongle for £2 online or £4 from Tesco, why wifi at all? I have a bt reader, use it with the phone or the netbook (though mostly the latter).

What's wrong with the bluetooth readers? About a tenner on average - why go to expense of wifi if you're using your phone to read them? Hell, with a bt dongle for £2 online or £4 from Tesco, why wifi at all? I have a bt reader, use it with the phone or the netbook (though mostly the latter).

+1, just get a cheapo bluetooth one for a tenner, i got one for the ST170 and it works a treat with the Torque App (like £3 off the Google Play store)

Edited by rpsmith79

The Dash Command reads nearly every sensor on the car from bhp- torque-fuel to name a few.

Fuel level-Fuel range in miles and lots more.

Also, i'd love to know what OBD2 scanner can read BHP and Torque from the engine diagnostics................ and you call yourself DNA Motorsports :lol: :rolleyes:

Guest Ambermile

Also, i'd love to know what OBD2 scanner can read BHP and Torque from the engine diagnostics................ and you call yourself DNA Motorsports :lol: :rolleyes:

I thought they all did, just your software not showing it. But then maybe it's a computed number, given the weight of the vehicle and gear ratios it's a pop to figure bhp if you have speed/acceleration/distance travelled data.

Maybe checking out the ELM327 spec would be an eye opener here?

Edited by Ambermile

The diagnostic port cannot tell the bhp or torque of the engine

Also, the scanner has nothing to do with what data the ECU outputs via the OBD2 port, the port is for diagnostic use and outputs engine parameters, BHP and torque are not engine paramaters ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.