That Time of Year

Noooooo dont bring on the weather! I have to use mine daily on the worst part of the A14, I can handle frost, but, please no snow.

Last year the council forgot to salt/sand central Cambridge when it snowed,talk about poo myself! :xmas_wink: :xmas_biggrin:

I haven't experienced the celica in the snow yet. What's it like?

My Tsport has 'traction control' but I'm skeptical as to how much use it is or what it actually does. This morning on an icy lane which hadn't seen any grit the wheels were spinning quite freely under acceleration. That TRC kept flashing but other than that I didn't get the impression it was helping! Tested the ABS as well which worked but felt a bit uninspiring.

ABS is a pain in the arse in snow.Celica would be ok enough in snow if fitted with winter tyres,otherwise its a lottery the same with any other FWD car.I had a 4WD 205 GT4 with no ABS,possibly the finest car to drive past Merc's and BMWs with ,especially on a snowy road,giving a bit of controlled power slide as i sailed past serenely,with a hint of PSSSHHH thrown in for good measure. :xmas_cool: Other than that,the Paul plan is the best.Leave the sports coupes wrapped up warm and bring the big guns out instead.

Edited by thesherv

i bet brian :)

my st182 was the best snow car ever- heavy, lowered with splitters. got caught in a blizzard out in the sticks once and the splitters acted like a snow plough- it was superb!

even though i've lots to do to my car over the winter its too cold out there- was in the garage with the heater on for 3 hours the other night, couldnt feel my feet after half an hour and my hands despite them being used were numb after 90 mins........ struggled to get anything done!!!

:xmas_sad: When it snowed the night before, and all you've got is frozen tram lines to drive on going down hill to a red traffic light, touching the brakes that makes you go faster, carry on straight over into a one way street , the wrong way! then have to turn the car around on ice,'kin hec Jan, by the time i got to work i was relieved the car was in one piece, strong coffee was needed, brandy would have been better. :xmas_biggrin:

:xmas_laugh: I love driving in the snow, gets the adrenaline going

but yes memories of frozen tramlines for me was the worst when i used to have my trail bike. I was about 19 and would think whoop snow and go kickstart the bike for my trek to work. But i'd have to negotiate a hill that led towards Reigate town and if it froze into tramlines i'd invariably get caught in one and lose it, ending up on my butt most mornings and breaking yet another clutch lever. so embarassing in the morning traffic. It'd be oh sh*t here i go again, woomph, ouch

I never see people out on motorbikes in it now but i thought i was infallible cos i had nobblys :xmas_biggrin:

Phew! Jan..........phew..............I don't want to even go there!

You could have called him a dick instead........................................................................... :xmas_ohmy:

Lol i meant as in wooss :xmas_tongue:

Phew! Jan..........phew..............I don't want to even go there!

You could have called him a dick instead........................................................................... :xmas_ohmy:

I don't mind Brian, I knew Jan was only taking the mickey, I left the door open so someone could jump in, Jan got there 1st haha :xmas_biggrin: :xmas_wink:

Noooooo dont bring on the weather! I have to use mine daily on the worst part of the A14, I can handle frost, but, please no snow.

Last year the council forgot to salt/sand central Cambridge when it snowed,talk about poo myself! :xmas_wink: :xmas_biggrin:

My Supra is my daily. Feel my RWD Pain!

My Supra is my daily. Feel my RWD Pain!

been out in the Rex on the icy stuff is kinda fun in a masochistic kinda way....the 190 is now my daily/winter car on 255 rears & 225 fronts & although not great is alot better than the Rex lol

Edited by sh3p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.