live sound... info

Devious

The full livesound kit was a dedicated amp, 2 dash speakers, 2 door speakers, the standard 2 door mounted tweeters, the 2 in the rear quarters and the tweeters in the rear grilles above the rear strut top mounts.

So the only real extras were the amp (which was pretty naff as amps go), the front door pods (which do look way better with the matching door cards) and the rear tweeters (which to be honest aren't really in the best place as far as performance goes as they should be within 6-8 inches of the rear quarter speakers according to most manufacturers)

Aye, I put a pair of subs into the doors, and powered them with an aftermarket amp under the passenger seat.

The LiveSound amp needed its own wiring loom, which was fiendishly complicated and could only really be used with a Toyota HU due to the connectors on the loom. I binned mine pretty swiftly after salvaging it from a scrap car.

It's an easy job to wire up an amp under the seat into the door speaker wires in the footwell connectors.

Rear tweeters are pretty horrendous, aiming high frequency hiss straight at your ears. However, the covers look pretty cool - much better than the fake louvre things.

All the wiring is there in every car for all these speakers. If you do get the rear tweets, make sure you get the mounting brackets and covers. The wires are taped just inside the holes under the louvre things. Same for the door speakers - wires will be in the doors already.

If you've not got the LiveSound door cards, make it your priority - they look better, and give you way more noise options. As I say, though, don't worry about rear tweeters too much.

I've only got the housings in the rears. Tbh Im not that fussed about it, just thought I may have stumbled on a find.

That is in fact a big fat lie..... I HAVE got the housings up front. They too have pioneer speakers in them. They're housed in the dash next to the glove box and the steering column.

Edited by Devious

I've just had a couple of 8" subs delivered to go in my 182 and in all fairness they seem well built, they were only £20 a piece (I've kept my expensive Vibe Blackdeath kit for the 185 build) they're a brand called "Bass Face" from Thompsons

I haven't wired them in yet but will report back when I know more but for £40 delivered they seem well worth the punt

nice thread and i too was curious as to what the sound system was in this as mine seems to be very back heavy. The rear sounds awesome but the front is well naff in comparison. I am going to change the front speakers on mine ventually so was interested to hear that subs fit :)

mine dont sound like subs they are clear as a bell and extremely loud compared to the front, they drown the front out if im honest :S if they had crossovers they would only spill the lower frequencies for bass if they were subs wouldnt they?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.