anyone know tony ts

Don't want to upset you mate but I dont think Paisely Freight offer insurance for doors. If you look at their car parts delivery price list it says £25*

At the bottom it says * We do not provide insurance cover for these items except for total loss in transit cover

The problem is paisley have got zero involvement with the actual shipping of parcels.

Paisley are an office in Scotland, nothing more.

They have contracts with TNT & Citylink, among others, who are the people who actually ship destroy your items.

It baffles me why they say they don't offer insurance on certain items, when items shipped direct through TNT & Citylink are automatically covered.

so final outcome, the door is too badly damaged to be worth repairing. with help from tony ts, paisley refunded the courier cost of £25.00 and tony ts has kindly absorbed some of my loss.

so word of warning for anyone planning to ship panels, YOU ARE NOT INSURED.

i read their terms as "insurance cover for total loss" as unusable ie like when a car is written off it is classed as total loss. their version of total loss is if they actually lose the item.

so will try and sell some of the internals of the door to recover some cash.

thunder grey passenger side

door handle

electric window motor and window

speaker

all wiring looms

I used to properly take the piss with Paisley, because their set price list doesn't specify weight. :thumbs:

If I was sending a door/wing/bootlid, I'd get a couple of old pallets, break them down into planks & build f-off big crates lined with tonnes of cardboard from my local shop.

Every item sent like this arrived with zero damage.

And you should've seen the looks on the courier's face when they turned up to collect! :lol:

"this ticket says a bootlid @ 20kg! That crate looks more like 50kg"

"Take it up with paisley mate, they're your customer, not me!" ;)B)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.