Happy days @ MOT!

Well not what some people might think!

After alot of hard work and alot of doubts pre MOT that the Tropicana wont pass MOT it has done it.

Despite it all it got 2 advisories

1, Number plate deterioration but not likely to be misread

2, A small chip on the windscreen.

The emissions were appaling, the HC were reading the max 0.200 so only just passed it took nearly 20 mins for it to drop from over 750.

Question what can I do apart from petrol treatment and a engine oil flush and change to get the HC lower?

I know it might seem silly posting this about MOT but the car has had bucket loads of time and money spent on it and as some of you will know you start to loose faith after a while.

mines has barely passed and emisions test every time i take it. but i have a wider band lambhda and a 300cel sports cat, i reckon if i was still on a stock cat and lambda i wouldn't pass

Congrats :)

How near to you was the mot centre? Perhaps the car needed a good blast before getting there? Mr Rizlas old ST passed the emissions fine when i took it but it failed on brakes. A few weeks later he took it to place just round the corner from his, it failed on the emissions ........

Yes the MOT station was 15 miles from me and as I have done with all my other toyota's I gave it a good blast but it still took ages for it to drop.

If you think about it the emissions when driving the car round normally would be off the scale.

Even the testers Lexus Is200 is a right sod to get throught emissions test.

Seems to be the same with all the old Toyota's with emissions test!

Edited by A Senna

The CAT needs to be nice and hot

Oh yeah,one of those....dont like em so run cars that dont have them LOL.

Seriously though youd be surprised how much of a blast youll need,car needs to be running nice and clean,oil plugs filters etc etc.All helps.And a Toyota-friendly MOT man.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.