Gell Batteries

Yeah,just spoke to them down in Hampshire.Turns out theres a stockest just down the road from me.Abit of a "how longs a piece of string" question as it depends on usage etc..... Was going to go for a blast while it was'nt raining but it wouldn't start :(

life i dummo , got one for the vert that i have never fitted , i will say be careful on fittings as some like mine come with just a couple of bolts to hook it up so therefore its a lead change to get it to fit , ok if your going in the boot , bit of a shitter if its still in the front

they are also known as Dry Batteries for those of you that havnt heard of Gel Batteries.

TBH I dont see the point in getting it...they are really expensive and the advantage is that you can orientate them in any direction.....thats all (maybe some weight saving). they are better suited to a race car where the battery it positioning in an awkward way and a dry battery helps prevent fluids from leaking which would happen in a conventional battery. A road car is designed to take a battery upright so I would rather spend the extra cash on other kit such as a grounding kit or an uprated alternator (in terms of electrical mods I mean)

HTH

Edited by Gstraw

they are also known as Dry Batteries for those of you that havnt heard of Gel Batteries.

TBH I dont see the point in getting it...they are really expensive and the advantage is that you can orientate them in any direction.....thats all (maybe some weight saving). they are better suited to a race car where the battery it positioning in an awkward way and a dry battery helps prevent fluids from leaking which would happen in a conventional battery. A road car is designed to take a battery upright so I would rather spend the extra cash on other kit such as a grounding kit or an uprated alternator (in terms of electrical mods I mean)

HTH

I agree but my car already has one fitted.looks a bit of a ball ache changing the leads back to fit a ordinary battery.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.