Can't gel with my Gen 7

The 2zz engine enjoys being at higher rpm as it's designed to deliver it's power then - i'm not saying that it should be kept there constantly but you're in no way abusing it by using the higher revs often ( very often if you want the smile to stay on your face ;) as long as your oil is up to temperature (2nd bar on temp gauge normally) .

• 4 weeks later...

Now its making sense!!! :)

Quiet B roads are now the Celica's new home, if I'm going anywhere... its avoid dual carriageways!!

Not because I think the Celica is fast, I find the performance quite tame.. but because I love the go-kart like handling that just makes me smile!

I would really love this car if it had more torque and better brakes!

Now its making sense!!! :)

Quiet B roads are now the Celica's new home, if I'm going anywhere... its avoid dual carriageways!!

Not because I think the Celica is fast, I find the performance quite tame.. but because I love the go-kart like handling that just makes me smile!

I would really love this car if it had more torque and better brakes!

Haha and so it begins!! Get some Se7en Motorsport stage 2 cams and you will gain much more low down torque before your power cam comes in at 6.2k. Then also speak to him about his GT4 brake upgrade of you don't want to pay out stupid money for a big break conversion. These two mods will be a great boost to any gen 7.

As for learning to love the car I came from a V6 3.0ltr. Transplanted MR2 rev 2 to te Celica and just didn't get it for a while nothing from the engine. And I'm an engineer so like to take car of my engines. But give it the beans and it all makes sense, it's what it's designed to do and loves doing it in high revs. My car now gets abused regularly! And rewards massivly!! Epic grin factor!!

Think I'll upgrade the brakes probably and tighten up the suspension a little more.. but will just leave the engine alone.. I already removed the CAI and re-fitted standard airbox...

Would quite like some 8Jx17 wheels with the right offsets so I can also remove the 25mm spacers all round as well.

you will be hard pushed to find any wheel with 8J that has the right offset to look as goos running 25mm spacers.

for example, se7en's track car (now sold i believe) runs 9.5J ET36 i think and they are pretty flush.

for 8J you will be looking at ET20-ish to get flush, which i dont think you will find anywhere without going balls out expensive custom. hence m,ost of us run spacers to stance out the wheels. so long as they are hubcentric mountable spacers your fine, will put no mor strain on your bearings than hanving the wheel with the right offset. so all good mate.

so long as they are hubcentric mountable spacers your fine, will put no mor strain on your bearings than hanving the wheel with the right offset. so all good mate.

This was what I was worried about..

I couldn't live with my wheels tucked in.. they sit flush now :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.