AutoCAD .DXF file - free or cheap editor?

I have a CAD (.dxf) file I need to make a couple of changes to - can anyone recommned a free editor?

I was using ABViewer (free version) to tinker around but not sure it will do the job properly. Any advice?

cheers!

thanks for the offer but what I'm needing to do is alter a CAD drawing to change a couple of sections to get some watercutting done using the edited file.

Might have to see if the cutting firm can make a couple of easy adjustments to the file prior to cutting.

I don't mind making the amends for you if they're pretty straightforward? I'm working in CAD at the moment so it won't be a problem. Alternatively, pm me, I'm sure I've got an old copy of AutoCAD LT kicking about somewhere ;)

i use autocad all day. i can make the changes for you. dont know any free programs that i would trust. importing to different file formats and even different programs can through up some strange problems. just a word of warning.

Well I've downloaded AutoCAD LT 30 day trial.

Basically I bought AutoCAD files which have the patterns for watercutting TA22/23 and RA28 dashboards from sheet steel etc. All the plans are in one big file so I was looking at creating each one on it's own.

IE StephenG wanted a change made to his TA22 set, so I cut that pattern from the main file, pasted it to a new file and then removed the cuts he didn't want any more.

I do need to change the pattern for the RA28 to have a single DIN slot for the radio as well as the original AC + rear screen heater buttons. That's a little more fiddly so might take me a little longer.

Hopefully cutting from the original .DXF file and then saving my edited versions in AutoCAD LT will be ok and not screw up the patterns.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.