UK Trackdays - where's best to start?

Hey guys/gals, hope this is the right section.

As I'm getting the 7 built I'm wanting to do a few Trackdays and hopefully move into things like time attack and competitions etc.

I've done a few local Trackdays now but we only have an airfield over here. Can anyone recommend a decent track to start with? Maybe with track tuition?

Ta

Look in the meets section for the Blyton day. Ideal for starters with plenty of run off, like minded people on track with you and tuition available. I know it is a bit of a trek like but £85 is cheap!

Seconded on Blyton Park. Get over there with Hou and CCUK. Great for the novice as safe run offs and challenging for those who want to push their car's limits as there are technical corners. Very kind on tyres as surface is a race track quality. Brakes can be stressed.

A lot of UK tracks (certainly those in the MSV group) such as Brands Hatch etc offer 'taster' sessions. These are arrive and drive 20-25min sessions for the novice drivers out there and are very cheap to do. A good way of getting a feel for a track, set-up or new car.

Nearest track to you is probably Anglesey, it's a corker of a track. It's recently been redesigned (4-5 years ago), the surface is good and the run off decent. Some of the corners are a bit technical, depending on the layout for the day, but you soon get the hang of it.

You can see the layout on Google Maps, look for Aberffraw and switch to satelite view. It's right on the coast, can't miss it.

Edited by Limeymk1

Just had a look on the MSV site and they seem todo a full day novice at snetterton 300. Which seems s bit more worthwhile with the costs involved to get to the mainland etc. definitely up for the meet in september though if the car is ready :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.