Bugger - broke it again !

So today was the day for my Santa pod debut with the new look lightweight bitch

After removal of 140lb of boot build and the removal of 7.5 lb per corner with the lightweight wheels .

I was most hopeful of beating my best time of 15.1 seconds and getting well into the low to mid 14s

Obviously things havnt gone to plan :(

First run I managed to feck up by not revving enough 15.31

Second run over revving and bouncing up the track in 1st 15.52

Third run I was really impressed with

Got off the line beautifully hit the gears perfectly

Got my timing slip ....

15.31 WTF !!

So this is where the trouble begins :(

Closer examination reveals on run 3

At 1/8th of a mile I was 2 mph up on previous

At 1000 m I was 3 mph up

Yet at 1/4 mile 0.5 mph up.

Which is where the problems began :(

At the end of run 2 I thought I heard backfiring at the end

At the end of run 3 I definitely heard it backfiring it's tits off :(

And the joy of travelling 115 miles back home when every time you ease your foot off the accelerator the bitch backfires like uncle bucks caddilac ( ask your dad :) )

So obviously it's over fuelling like a bitch :(

Hopefully it's all down to me letting the battery die over winter and she is in urgent need of a remap to the link .

Don't really want to think of any more ( bloody expensive ) options at the moment.

Bugger i missed your runs down the strip! next time can you kick me in the leg (not too hard! ) would have loved to have seen it.

Hope you can fix the problem cheap, fingers and toes crossed. Good Luck. :thumbs:

Quick update :)

Got in touch with Lyndon who originally mapped it and he doesn't sound too concerned

Which makes me a happy bunny :)

He reckons maybe a downed speed sensor

Coil pack

Or engine position sensor

But he can find out definitely as soon as he connects to the ecu :)

So I will be off to Cannock on Friday .

After m.o.t on both car and van 2 Moro ( fingers and toes crossed :) )

Just gonna ring tcb as me and neighbour were having a look at the side engine mount that I thought was shot ,when he noticed that it's actually the front engine mount that's got movement in it :(

So I will get a front and rear engine mount to hopefully tighten her back up ( this could also be the reason I've gone through 3 offside cv boots in 2 years !! )

Just waiting on tcb ringing back as they are checking if the st205 engine mounts will fit as they will be a much better option due to the power she is running.

Edited by spotv6

Another update :)

Tcb have done comparisons and say the st205 engine mounts will definitely fit

So £150 later they are comin 2 Moro and get em fitted Sunday .

So hopefully come Sunday afternoon she will be running perfectly / have 12 months m.o.t. / and be as tight as a drum :)

Now someone wake me up as I was having a lovely dream :)

where in cannock do you get it mapped... ??? as i live like 2 minutes away.... (the reason i ask mine backfires a bit when giving it a spirited drive every so often) although at 165000 miles on a 7afe engine i should be grateful shes moving at all... lol...

where in cannock do you get it mapped... ??? as i live like 2 minutes away.... (the reason i ask mine backfires a bit when giving it a spirited drive every so often) although at 165000 miles on a 7afe engine i should be grateful shes moving at all... lol...

The guy who I use lives in Cannock

Being honest don't know wether he could do anything with a standard ecu as I have a full standalone link g4 that he is a recognised expert at mapping .

Another update :)

Went to see Lyndon ,we went out in my constantly backfiring Madame and came back with a sweetly purring beast :)

Turns out it was a throttle position sensor ,a few keystrokes on his trusty laptop,and she was cured of her bad manners :)

On Sunday she is being tightened up with new drop links front and back ,and front and rear engine mounts,so she should stop feckin rattling ( typical bloody female :) )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.