Headgasket /oil in water possiable issue

any other things that make you think head gasket ?

over heating ?

loss of coolant ?

I think you may be panicking over nothing if its only that staining that is concerning you, could be from not having coolant in it in the first place as its also a corrosion inhibitor

Maybe not relevant mate , but just had my daughters Tigra gas tested and yes the head gasket was indeed gone , was looking at £500 + for a fix , sad days for my poor daughter , but then there was intervention , "K-Seal" a bottle from Euro Car Parts was only £11.00,apparently permantley repairs head gaskets , 4 days in , cars running , no loss of water , no over heating ..................fingers crossed but maybe a light at the end of your tunnel and maybe worth a look at to get you by.

Hope its not the head thou mate , i wish you luck.

any other things that make you think head gasket ?

over heating ?

loss of coolant ?

I think you may be panicking over nothing if its only that staining that is concerning you, could be from not having coolant in it in the first place as its also a corrosion inhibitor

Pretty much what I wanted to hear :) I am parranoid lol

Not going above the normal temp just lots of fan action .

Now I'v done the coolant il keep an eye on the level

I can change the's gasket no problems at all just don't want to after I'v. Just paid over 4k for This car

Edited by leigh_boy

K-seal is lethal - quick fix = long term time bomb type problem.

Had leaking radiator in an MR2 and bunged a bottle in in a "get me home" situation.

When I switched out the radiator the massive coppery chunks that came chugging out the coolant pipes on draining were pretty damn frightening.

Would never consider opening a bottle of it again.

K-seal is lethal - quick fix = long term time bomb type problem.

Had leaking radiator in an MR2 and bunged a bottle in in a "get me home" situation.

When I switched out the radiator the massive coppery chunks that came chugging out the coolant pipes on draining were pretty damn frightening.

Would never consider opening a bottle of it again.

Same i have used kseal before and it was only £4 from part co :)

I agree with keef-b it does do the job but potenaitaly does more damage for a tigra its fine but for a perfomace engine id rather just do the job:)

My fan is kicking in a lot recently, i think its just the hot weather ... i hope its just the hot weather :lol:

How much is it to just change the head gasket/can you do it yourself? I know the gasket itself is about £30 isnt it. Might be worth just doing a bit of preventative maintenance if it will make you more comfortable driving your new car mate. It will probably need doing at some point anyway.

My fan is kicking in a lot recently, i think its just the hot weather ... i hope its just the hot weather :lol:

How much is it to just change the head gasket/can you do it yourself? I know the gasket itself is about £30 isnt it. Might be worth just doing a bit of preventative maintenance if it will make you more comfortable driving your new car mate. It will probably need doing at some point anyway.

you cant raelly do preventnative mainantance on a head gasket it eithe seals or it doesnt but can change it plus the bols for about £50 / £60

Head gasket failure on 2zzge's just doesn't happen. It's really rare, I mean REEAAAALLLY rare! Look elsewhere first, personally I think that you're worrying over nothing...

me to just done a trip to hove and back so will keep an eye on colour and level over the next few days,

K-seal does at great job of sealing holes, trouble is it can seal much need holes such as water jackets and hose's

K-Seal i believe only bonds wheres there a low pressure spot, this happens generally speaking where theres a leak i think ....

Same i have used kseal before and it was only £4 from part co :)

I agree with keef-b it does do the job but potenaitaly does more damage for a tigra its fine but for a perfomace engine id rather just do the job:)

Just found out a mate used this on his RsCosworth that he was racing for the weekend , after stripping the engine for the rebuild and repair found nothing unterward , a quick google shows people using it on Evos and all sorts of high bhp motors with positive results.

If i got stuck and couldnt afford a fix think id probally give it a go :blink:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.