Sorn.......?

just a quickie gents.......how long before you have to SORN car once tax runs out as its gonna be laid up for about 2 months until i can afford to get things done..... also with it just been stood anything i should grease, lube etc to prevent problems ( i will be running the engine a couple of times a week )...................... thanx in advance..

I usually sorn mine during the first couple of days after it has run out, easy to do online . As its only a couple of months would just put a little extra air in the tyres, running it a couple of times a week you'll notice if the battery needs the odd overnight charge but it probably wont need it and

Make sure the handbrake is off :lol:

Cheers Orc, one other thing i need is a new downpipe which is gonna be an exhaust centre job, i,m gonna have to drive it there without Mot or tax but if i have my Mot done there after downpipe is done can i get away with it.....?????

the second ( thats midnight ) it runs out otherwise the dvla will shag your wallet for lack of sorn to the tune of 80 quid , there is zero leyway , no days over , no seconds over , the only avoidence is taxing it or sorn

the systems set up that you need to be a feckin machine , zero tolerance , rape you for money every time , dont hesitate and get it sorned online the night before it runs out

Cheers Orc, one other thing i need is a new downpipe which is gonna be an exhaust centre job, i,m gonna have to drive it there without Mot or tax but if i have my Mot done there after downpipe is done can i get away with it.....?????

Yes, the only sticky bit is the insurance co. Anything happens and they're likely to kick up over paying out

thanx Arizona, thought insurance would be only problem................ Tax runs out end of this month so will Sorn the day b4................thanx for replies guys/gals...... :thumbs:

thanx Arizona, thought insurance would be only problem................ Tax runs out end of this month so will Sorn the day b4................thanx for replies guys/gals...... :thumbs:

its ok

your insurance states you have to comply to the law of the land , that means if you break the law your insurance becomes nil and void , because of this you get to drive to the station and the cops will not enact the tax and test bullshit , you will need to be booked in though with your registration recorded , so if you have the exhaust filtted and moted your ok ,,, just go directly to the station

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.