one job leads to another grrr

well was desperately in need of 2 new tyres on the front so bit the bullet today .Had the rears put onto the front and 2 new proxes on the rear, Decided to go for 40 profile instead of the 35 which were on due to the harsh ride and also the £60 a tyre difference . Only problem now is that they just rub the rear arches when cornering hard , looks like im going to have to have a couple of mill machined off the spacers , dont really want the arches rolled ,Doh :(

Couldn't you do what Joe did and get the very tops of the arches rolled just enough so that they don't catch any more? I think this worked out pretty cheap for him and the car still looks totally stock unless you look right up the arches

bugger np's m8 thought we could have done each other a favor, mine are 27's but am having 30's made atm..could have worked for us but pretty sure 35's will be too much for me & 27's too small for you, whats your ET i would guess at around 46ish?

Edited by sh3p

cant remember off hand but they are scooby fitment

look absolutely perfect fit but i dont suppose 2mm is going to make much difference, will just have to take it steady for a few days till i get back to work

and to top today off my chimney pots have come loose and are rocking in the wind, they had to be at the end of the house next to the drive didnt they grrrr had to move cars just in case they come down , just hope they are far enough away or i will be one unhappy bunny in the morning if they are damaged

If you can wait a couple of weeks I've got some 33mm ones on order, and depending how they fit, might swap for 35's

thanks for the offer but im taking them off tomorrow ready for machining asap, dont want to risk damaging the tyres and really cant stand the look of them being so sunk in now

your offset must be about the same as mine i guess as the usual spacer for gen7 is 25mm isnt it ?

No problems dude, my wheels are 17x8 et35, -3 negative camber and just had the arches rolled.

Going for complete flushness :) but wussed out on 35s and went for 33s instead :lol:

Holy fook, that's wide!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.