Snow!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly, when I had a BMW turning the traction control off (or put a dead body in the boot) made it easier in the snow.

If I was caught out in the snow in my Gen4, is there anything I can do to make it easier in the snow?

(Obviously I don't have space in the boot for 4 winter tyres or justify snow chains)

Love snow regardless :D true it was more fun in the GT-Four, but snow wont stop me taking the 7 out, just have to be a bit more careful

More fun making doughnuts I guess? :lol:

Nah going round corners a little bit sideways (never did get the hang of doughnuts) :D also suprising people at where they saw the faff and the suprising looks after they ask how the hell i got it there (Cheviot Mountain range few years back, owner of a Land Rover), or why I have no worries stopping to help push someone out, when I tell them its AWD

Edited by Monkey_matt

Yep we got snow hear today now i have no choice but to take the celica out it's the only car i have at the mo . When i get my other car soon that to is a celica gen 4 :D

U have 2 Gen4's Shaun?

Any tips in the snow, buddy?

Interesting?

So, only mid gens are fine (5/6) and older and the newest is not?

Any reason why?

Don't get me wrong, my 5 is useless in the snow :lol: , but i don't have much choice as it's my only car

But saying that, if you have ever driven round Sheffield you will know how many steep hills we have, not good when you mix steep hills with snow

Nah going round corners a little bit sideways (never did get the hang of doughnuts) :D also suprising people at where they saw the faff and the suprising looks after they ask how the hell i got it there (Cheviot Mountain range few years back, owner of a Land Rover), or why I have no worries stopping to help push someone out, when I tell them its AWD

AWD - Now I understand why.

U shouldn't be going side-ways, unless your speed does not match your road condition :)

Are all Gen7 AWD?

ah, just noticed your's a JDM - any diff to UK Spec?

Don't get me wrong, my 5 is useless in the snow :lol: , but i don't have much choice as it's my only car

But saying that, if you have ever driven round Sheffield you will know how many steep hills we have, not good when you mix steep hills with snow

Winter tyres?

No wayne i have a gen 5 at the mo geting picking up the gen 4 soon mate . Tips smooth and steady lol no heavy feet :D

Ok!

And in an auto?

No wayne i have a gen 5 at the mo geting picking up the gen 4 soon mate . Tips smooth and steady lol no heavy feet :D

I bet it seems like forever waiting for your Gen4 :)

I yet to make full use of mine (curse the snow!) :(

No, monkey matt had a Gen 6 GT4 (also know as a Faff) before his Gen 7, all GT4's are AWD, there was never a Gen 7 with AWD unfortunately

Thks.

I'm still catching up with all this celica-speak and different celicas.

another silly question,is the Gen7 the latest incarnation?

And there is no GT4 for latest incarnation?

AWD - Now I understand why. U shouldn't be going side-ways, unless your speed does not match your road condition :) Are all Gen7 AWD? ah, just noticed your's a JDM - any diff to UK Spec?
Talking about my GT-Four here, Purposely taking it sideways on base here, on normal roads take corners normally, so no sideways
No, monkey matt had a Gen 6 GT4 (also know as a Faff) before his Gen 7, all GT4's are AWD, there was never a Gen 7 with AWD unfortunately
Correction, I still have the GT-Four :D just cant use it on the road :( but possibly slowly stripping her out for track use for me and the lass Edited by Monkey_matt

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.