Blowing hot and cold, poss physics.

Slugster

This may an example of physics in action or it may just be me.

Just lately during this cold weather when I've been out in the car (Gen 7) with the heater blowing nice warm air around my legs, I'm sure I get a waft of colder air from somewhere when cornering, just for a second or two, but deffo cooler. Maybe some cold air is lurking in the footwells or somewhere and being heavier than warm air is getting moved around by centrifugal force on the bendy bits, well thats the Slugster physics theory anyway :P . It may be in my little mind but I'm sure it happens. The heater works fine and the car has no air locks or damp spots and is using no coolant. Has anybody else experienced this or should I give myself a damn good talking to for being a daft old git?

I would have put this in the G7 section, but I'm sure I've had the same thing happen on other cars.

Not sure exactly what you would call it but try shutting the outside air flow vents. You know the one that either recycles the air within the car or draws new air in from outside. If you still get a cold air draft with them shut then I’d say you’ve got a small leak somewhere but chances are you’ll never find it without pulling the whole centre console to pieces!

I have a gen 5 and just under the steering colum by the drivers knees there is a fresh air vent even with it closed you can feel a bit of cold air now and then . I normaly put up with it because if you turn off the re-circ the windows tend to start to mist slightly which is anoying :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.